"Healthy, Happy and Hot" back and Hotter than Ever

The IPPF gave this handout out to a group of Girl Scouts at the UN a year ago. Now, the handout has become Planned Parenthood's "most popular publication".

The brochure encourages HIV/AIDs infected teens to believe that they are healthy and that they should continue to have sex, and that it's against their sexual "rights" to disclose to their sex partners that they are HIV/AIDs carriers.

How much more demonic can Planned Parenthood and the International Planned Parenthood Federation become?

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/nov/10111106.html

"Aimed at young people with HIV, the brochure contains sexually explicit language and promotes casual sex with multiple partners, as well as oral, anal, and homosexual sex.

“Some people like to have aggressive sex,” says the brochure. “There is no right or wrong way to have sex.” It encourages young people who might have sex after drinking or using drugs to “plan ahead by bringing condoms.” Another section suggests readers visit family planning clinics for help in preventing or aborting unplanned pregnancies.

The publication encourages youth to keep their sexual activity secret from their parents, as well as visits to family planning clinics. “You should find out whether there are any centers near to you where you can go without needing the permission of your parents or guardians.”

The brochure criticizes countries with laws requiring disclosure of HIV status to sexual partners. Such laws violate the rights of people living with HIV, the pamphlet argues.

Planned Parenthood also distributed the brochure in August at the World Youth Conference in Leon, Mexico.

Originally published in January of this year, “Healthy, Happy and Hot” is now available in a Russian translation. Russia has the second-highest rate of HIV in Eastern Europe and Eurasia, according to USAID."

The article continues at: lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/nov/10111106.html

View the 20 page pamphlet- Happy, Healthy and Hot :

ippf.org/NR/rdonlyres/B4462DDE-487D-4194-B0E0-193A04095819/0/HappyHealthyHot.pdf

Ugh. I don't want to view the brochure...this summation is gross enough. If nothing else occurs to PP...maybe this might. It's a crime to knowingly be infected with HIV, and have sex with another and not tell him/her. A crime. Seeing the only thing this organization cares about is money, and that they could be sued for pushing this agenda, maybe they will retract from this.

I am not aware of any other organization that has done so much damage to women, as this one. :( Thanks for awaring us.

It's difficult to view.

The brochure is good looking, trendy, clearly geared toward teens and young people.

And, it is infectious and its message is deadly.

That is pretty disturbing.

I think it is interesting that the brochure uses "STI" (sexually transmitted infections) instead of "STD". They're deliberately downplaying the severity of such things. Very sad. :(

I'm looking for articles on how "healthy" it is to have HIV/AIDs today.

AIDS group fears annual HIV costs may hit $35 billion

By Kate Kelland

LONDON | Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:58pm BST

LONDON (Reuters) - The International HIV/AIDS Alliance warned on Saturday that the annual cost of tackling the HIV epidemic could balloon to $35 billion (22.9 billion pounds) by 2030 if governments fail to invest in efficient, targeted and cost-effective prevention measures.

On the eve of an international conference on AIDS in Vienna, the Alliance said the AIDS virus, which already infects around 33.4 million people across the world, was a "costly time-bomb" for families, governments and donors.

"For every two people who get treatment, five others get infected. At this rate, spending for HIV will rise from $13 billion now to between $19 and $35 billion in just 20 years time," Alvaro Bermejo, executive director of the Alliance, said in a statement.

International AIDS Alliance brings together AIDS charities and advocacy groups from across the world.

Bermejo said authorities running national AIDS programmes around the world needed to increase HIV prevention by tackling the barriers that stop marginalised groups -- such as drugs users, prostitutes and gay men in some countries -- from getting HIV treatment and services.

If they targeted resources at those most affected they could "cut more new infections and still have savings to put into scaling up treatment," he said.

The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS is transmitted during sex, in blood and on needles and in breast milk. It gradually wears down the immune system and can take years to cause symptoms, and has killed 25 million people since the pandemic began in the early 1980s.

The Alliance said its workers had seen how drug users in Ukraine are harassed when trying to get drug substitution therapy, and how doctors prescribing substitutes for them are jailed.

In Africa -- the region most heavily affected by HIV, accounting for 67 percent of all people living with the virus -- its staff were seeing an increasing trend to criminalise men who have sex with men in countries such as Uganda and Malawi, it said.

Measures such as offering clean needles or drug substitutes to injecting drug addicts and providing HIV testing and advice services to them can help to reduce the spread of the AIDS virus. Ukraine has one of the world's fastest growing HIV epidemics, mostly due to infection among drug users.

Treating those with HIV with cocktails of AIDS drugs can also help to stop more people from getting infected, but AIDS treatment programmes in developing countries are struggling to get the funding they need as wealthy donor nations cut budgets to reduce deficits following the global recession.

Bermejo said the cost-effectiveness and efficiency of prevention programmes for those at most vulnerable to HIV "are too often hindered by repressive laws, policies, human rights violations and discrimination and exclusion."

He said HIV prevention steps should be taken as well as, and not instead of treatment services.

Latest data from 2008 showed the annual number of new HIV infections was 2.7 million, the same as in 2007. This is down from 3.0 million in 2001

uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE66G09420100717

From WebMd - a very different view from IPPF and PPs' "Happy, Healthy and Hot" opinion of HIV/AIDS -

"There are government programs, nonprofit groups, and some pharmaceutical companies that may help cover of the cost of HIV/AIDS drugs.

But be aware: These drug "cocktails" can cost $15,000 a year.

Talk to your local HIV/AIDS service organization to learn about financial help."

"About 56,000 people in the U.S. get HIV each year, and 18,000 people with AIDS die each year.

Anyone can get HIV -- men, women, and children, people who are gay or straight.

Men who have sex with men make up more than half (53%) of new HIV infections each year.

Women account for 27% of new infections, and children 13%.

African-Americans make up almost half of all new HIV infections each year."

webmd.com/hiv-aids/staying-healthy-10/slideshow-hiv-myths-facts

You can be guaranteed that if the child of one of the Board of IPPF got the measles from an unvaccinated kid the parent would scream about it. Public health issues are public health issues.

:eek:

It's more of sex manual with detailed descriptions than anything else. Yikes!

[quote="Barbkw, post:1, topic:219338"]
The IPPF gave this handout out to a group of Girl Scouts....

[/quote]

As they say south of the mason-dixon line: "Do what?!"

What's with the Girl Scouts these days? Did they never hear of "...physically fit, mentally awake, and morally straight?"

Some people like aggresive sex..."

Umm. Okay. And I suppose the response is: "Put some ice on it!"

Wow - message to young Girl Scouts of America for $15000 a year you can either go to college or have a full year of HIV meds???

Uh, since when do condoms prevent the spread of HIV? If you've ever read the label on a box of condoms, it says "intended to prevent pregnancy-does not protect against STDs or HIV".

[quote="JHow, post:9, topic:219338"]
As they say south of the mason-dixon line: "Do what?!"

What's with the Girl Scouts these days? Did they never hear of "...physically fit, mentally awake, and morally straight?"

Umm. Okay. And I suppose the response is: "Put some ice on it!"

[/quote]

The Girl Scouts went liberal many years ago, taken over by that segment, sold out to GLT political correctness. Thank God for the Boy Scouts.

Please spread this information to everyone you know. It is time Planned Parenthood stopped having access to our kids. Be sure they are not allowed into your school - many times they ARE the ones who teach sex ed.

My husband showed this brochure to some of our very pro-Planned Parenthood friends and they absolutey refused to believe it was from Planned Parenthood. They made up every excuse they could think of, from claiming that Planned Parenthood international is a completely different organization than PP in America and has nothing to do with it, to claiming that "right wing" people made it up or are at least exagerating it.

Nobody wants to believe that Planned Parenthood is not the good, wholesome, positive corperation they want them to be just trying to help young women get their "rights." Admitting they are a group founded solely for the pupose of killing babies the founder deemed unworthy of life would mean admitting they support the death of precious children for profit. Murder for hire.

"Some countries have laws that say people living with HIV must tell their sexual partner(s) about their status before having sex, even if they use condoms or only engage in sexual activity with a low risk of giving HIV to someone else. These laws violate the rights of people living with HIV by forcing them to disclose or face the possibility of criminal charges."

I... uh...

Hmm...

Words failing right now, will try later.

[quote="Charlotte1776, post:13, topic:219338"]
My husband showed this brochure to some of our very pro-Planned Parenthood friends and they absolutey refused to believe it was from Planned Parenthood. They made up every excuse they could think of, from claiming that Planned Parenthood international is a completely different organization than PP in America and has nothing to do with it, to claiming that "right wing" people made it up or are at least exagerating it.

Nobody wants to believe that Planned Parenthood is not the good, wholesome, positive corperation they want them to be just trying to help young women get their "rights." Admitting they are a group founded solely for the pupose of killing babies the founder deemed unworthy of life would mean admitting they support the death of precious children for profit. Murder for hire.

[/quote]

Just shows you how strong the denial can be...are they Catholic ??

my girls are in girl scouts...and wow i dont think they will be rejoining next year. i attend all their meetings with them, and know all the girl scout leaders personally. this has really blown my mind:mad:

:bigyikes::bigyikes: Wow, I read the whole pamphlet and just... :(:(:(:(:(

I don't understand how ANY organization can be against disclosing your status! First of all, it's sick! Second of all it's CRIMINAL! And it should be CRIMINAL in EVERY COUNTRY!!!

Thinking like this is why AIDS is still prevalent! People don't tell and other people don't ask. Then no one uses a condom! :mad:

IMHO if someone is diagnosed with HIV they should stop having sex with all negative people and only have PROTECTED sex with other positives. But that's JMO, and not too many people would follow that.

Anyway that pamphlet is EVIL!!!!

[quote="bettydraper, post:11, topic:219338"]
Uh, since when do condoms prevent the spread of HIV? If you've ever read the label on a box of condoms, it says "intended to prevent pregnancy-does not protect against STDs or HIV".

[/quote]

Hmmm, don't know which boxes of condoms you're reading, but I'll read the back from one of my condoms:
If used properly, latex condoms will help to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV infection (AIIDS) and many other sexually transmitted diseases. Also highly effective against pregnancy.
Caution: This Product Contains Natural Rubber Latex Which May Cause Allergic Reactions."

And from the back of a box of condoms
"...A latex condom can reduce the risk of STI transmisson (such as HIV infection (AIDS) ..."

What brand did you read? I'm very curious because ALL condoms to somw degree prevent HIV/AIDS. As a matter of fact condoms help prevent HIV/AIDS waaaay more then they do pregnancy. Condoms are only about 85% effective for preventing pregnancy vs ALMOST 100% effective for preventing HIV/AIDS, when USED CORRECTLY.

[quote="Adam1986, post:18, topic:219338"]
Hmmm, don't know which boxes of condoms you're reading, but I'll read the back from one of my condoms:
If used properly, latex condoms will help to reduce the risk of transmission of HIV infection (AIIDS) and many other sexually transmitted diseases. Also highly effective against pregnancy.
Caution: This Product Contains Natural Rubber Latex Which May Cause Allergic Reactions."

And from the back of a box of condoms
"...A latex condom can reduce the risk of STI transmisson (such as HIV infection (AIDS) ..."

What brand did you read? I'm very curious because ALL condoms to somw degree prevent HIV/AIDS. As a matter of fact condoms help prevent HIV/AIDS waaaay more then they do pregnancy. Condoms are only about 85% effective for preventing pregnancy vs ALMOST 100% effective for preventing HIV/AIDS, when USED CORRECTLY.

[/quote]

If your Catholic you shouldn't be using condoms.

[quote="StFrancisXavier, post:19, topic:219338"]
If your Catholic you shouldn't be using condoms.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.