Heartbroken cereal litigant loses suit over non-existence of "Crunchberries"

BoingBoing

Heartbroken cereal litigant loses suit over non-existence of “Crunchberries”

A woman sued the Cap’n Crunch people because her cereal didn’t contain any “crunchberries”:

On May 21, a judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California dismissed a complaint filed by a woman who said she had purchased “Cap’n Crunch with Crunchberries” because she believed “crunchberries” were real fruit. The plaintiff, Janine Sugawara, alleged that she had only recently learned to her dismay that said “berries” were in fact simply brightly-colored cereal balls, and that although the product did contain some strawberry fruit concentrate, it was not otherwise redeemed by fruit. She sued, on behalf of herself and all similarly situated consumers who also apparently believed that there are fields somewhere in our land thronged by crunchberry bushes.

Reasonable Consumer Would Know “Crunchberries” Are Not Real, Judge Rules

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And just in case you’re wondering why there are neither grapes nor nuts in Grape-Nuts check this out.

Love your sense of HUMOR this site needs it at times as most members take themselves far too seriously .

Funny. But these people vote.:slight_smile:

You can sue anyone for anything.

Example: Have you ever thought about suing Satan “and his staff”? Well, it’s been attempted. And it would have worked, too, if Mr. Mayo had included instructions on how to serve the defendant.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_ex_rel._Gerald_Mayo_v._Satan_and_His_Staff

You have scared me away from the lable on my horseradish.

I can remember a lawsuit filed against someone who was said to be responsible. You see, the court held that is wasn’t the property owner’s fault the guy tripped. It was an ‘act of God’. So …

hahahahahahaha. :rotfl:

dang i was hoping to grow my own crunchberried next to my hotdog bush and skittles tree.

The judge threw it out?

The poor woman. :smiley:

:rotfl:

The judge threw it out, but surely the FDA will take up the cause. The government must protect people from fake crunchberries.

[quote=“Yakov Smirnov”]In America, there is instant everything, oatmeal, orange juice, potatoes! you just add water! In the grocery store I saw something called “Baby Powder”. . . Tonight I start my family!!!
[/quote]

A court ruled that labels are now needed on baby powder :slight_smile:

It’s not just the fake crunchberries, though. It’s other countries who are dumping their own crunchberries on the American market, depressing prices and causing crunchberry farms to go bankrupt.

Will she appeal to the 9th circuit where she has a high likelihood of prevailing? :onpatrol:

You know, now that you mention it, I have been spreading birdseed for years and have never, even once, had a bird sprout from the ground. Hmm. Anyone know an attorney?:wink:

Peace

Tim

Why don’t call the lady up and find out who her lawyer was. :cool:

Because she’s craaaazzzeeyy!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

Peace

Tim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.