Heaven is for Real

Has anyone read it? I just fishined it...beautiful, inspiring account. I highly recommend it.

Who is the author?

Sounds interesting. Could you give the author, and maybe a link to a
bookseller? Your own review? i

The book has been mentioned on the Spirit Daily and Spirt Digest sites, but I haven’t read it. Here is a link to information and reviews on the Amazon.com site. It looks interesting.

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy’s Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back [Paperback] by Tod, Sonja and Colton Burpo
amazon.com/Heaven-Real-Little-Astounding-Story/dp/0849946158/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301165015&sr=8-1

Thank you.

You are welcome! :thumbsup:

I just went to our local library site and requested the book. I am request number 294 of 64 copies available for check out, so it appears to be quite a popular book.

'Heaven Is for Real'
video.foxnews.com/v/4419243/heaven-is-for-real/

The author is Todd Burpo, a Protestant pastor from Nebraska. It is the account of the near-death experience of his son, Colton Burpo, whose life was saved by emergency surgery following a burst appendix. He was only 4 years old, at the time.

That's enough for any family to go through, but later, Colton spoke of having been in heaven, meeting Jesus, and seeing family members he had never heard about. It is very well written, not overly "preachy", and if I wasn't a bit of a skeptic, I would recommend it without reservation.

Well, this skepticism didn't keep me from buying the ebook, and reading it in one day! You can make up your minds by visiting the Burpo's own site for the book. heavenisforreal.net/,and reading a short, download-able portion. It can be purchased from Amazon (which usually also lets you read part of a book), and, also from the publisher.There is a link on the site.
There is a similar book, also recently published, called "The Boy Who came Back From Heaven", by Kevin Malarkey. I haven't read this one, but it sounds interesting. Both books are also represented on YouTube, by interviews with the authors and the young boys involved. I didn't want to "spoil" the books, for anyone who may want to read them, or I would have gone into more detail.

I only hope that both books are true, and not made up or inspired by suggestion, fraud, or a simple desire for attention.

If you're mainly looking for an interesting read, I can recommend "Heaven is for Real" without reservation. It's truly inspiring, and I just may read it again, this time keeping my doubts on the back burner!

Thanks for adding more info. I posted quickly, then had to leave...sorry about that!!

I have always had a fear of death. I know what we're taught. I know there's a heaven, but sometimes I find myself doubting and afraid. This book restored my faith in the promised afterlife, and made me a little less afraid.

[quote="sharmin, post:1, topic:233878"]
Has anyone read it? I just fishined it...beautiful, inspiring account. I highly recommend it.

[/quote]

I recommend you get a copy of A Still, Small Voice: A Practical Guide on Reported Revelations by Fr. Benedict J. Groeschel. It sets down some very practical rules to help anyone sort through all the personal revelations that have appeared over the years.

amazon.com/Still-Small-Voice-Practical-Revelations/dp/0898704367

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.