Heaven-sent delivery

from the Albany, NY Times Union:

** Heaven-sent delivery **
** Postal carrier arrives at house just in time to stop baby’s fall**
By TIM O’BRIEN, Staff writer

First published: Tuesday,  		April 22, 2008 	 	  	 	 	 	 	 	 	 	  	 	  	 	     ALBANY -- When a baby fell from a second-story window Monday, Lisa Harrell should not have been there to catch her.Normally, the longtime letter carrier doesn't get to 306 Second St. until about 2 p.m. But on Monday, Harrell had an Express Mail package to be delivered to the address before noon.

So at 11 a.m., Harrell walked to the home’s door and saw a 1-year-old girl in the second-story window above her head. She rang the doorbells to both the upstairs and downstairs apartments, not knowing which tenant the package was for.
A moment later, she felt something strike her shoulder and instinctively put out her arms.
“I noticed the upstairs window open halfway,” she said. "The baby fell right into my arms. Everything happened so quick."
The baby was screaming as she fell, Harrell said, and afterward. But paramedics from the Albany Fire Department examined her and found no visible injuries.
“Everything was fine,” said James Miller, a spokesman for the city’s Department of Public Safety. “She was OK.”

Farther down in the story somebody says “the stars were aligned right” for the baby. I wouldn’t credit the stars, that’s for sure.

All things are possible with God! I really believe the letter carrier’s as well as the baby’s guardian angels had a hand in the catch as well. Sign her up for the White Sox! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.