Heaven

How do people get to heaven?

Only through the Lord! Jesus said that He is “the way, the truth and the life.” Without Him, we don’t go there. Jesus, fully man and fully God, when He walked on this earth came for one main reason. To save us from our sins. He taught for roughly three years. Then He died an awful death on the cross, after first being tortured. He did this to show His great love for us. And the fact that only the shedding of innocent blood would open the doors to heaven for us.

Yep…what she said…

I might add, To Love God above all and your neighbor as yourself
:love:

[quote=Christy Beth]Only through the Lord! Jesus said that He is “the way, the truth and the life.” Without Him, we don’t go there. Jesus, fully man and fully God, when He walked on this earth came for one main reason. To save us from our sins. He taught for roughly three years. Then He died an awful death on the cross, after first being tortured. He did this to show His great love for us. And the fact that only the shedding of innocent blood would open the doors to heaven for us.
[/quote]

[quote=Lillith]I might add, To Love God above all and your neighbor as yourself
[/quote]

Me three :bowdown2:

[quote=rvl2213]How do people get to heaven?
[/quote]

well, certainly not by little row boats nor put put cars;)

Goodness, I hang out with too many people much older than me if i’m tossing that joke around.

Originally Posted by Christy Beth
Only through the Lord! Jesus said that He is “the way, the truth and the life.” Without Him, we don’t go there. Jesus, fully man and fully God, when He walked on this earth came for one main reason. To save us from our sins. He taught for roughly three years. Then He died an awful death on the cross, after first being tortured. He did this to show His great love for us. And the fact that only the shedding of innocent blood would open the doors to heaven for us.

Originally Posted by Lillith
I might add, To Love God above all and your neighbor as yourself

Originally Posted by Wildgraywolf
Me three

Me Four! :thumbsup:

I might add by accepting God’s grace and allowing it to transform our lives.

[/quote]

By keeping the 10 commandments

Very simply heaven is gained **through ** Jesus Christ. Jesus plainly said I am the way, the truth and the life. One must begin by faith in Jesus Christ. But Christ also established a church and commandments to be kept. The church calls these sacraments, such as pennance, confirmation,baptism and the Eucharist. **Through ** these sacraments one receives grace and forgiveness of sins thoughout one’s life.

If one is faithful as a Christian, then at the end of one's life they can expect to enter heaven and be joined with Christ and the departed saints. This is the** reward ** for faithfulness.

[quote=justcatholic]Very simply heaven is gained **through **Jesus Christ. Jesus plainly said I am the way, the truth and the life. One must begin by faith in Jesus Christ. But Christ also established a church and commandments to be kept. The church calls these sacraments, such as pennance, confirmation,baptism and the Eucharist. **Through **these sacraments one receives grace and forgiveness of sins thoughout one’s life.

If one is faithful as a Christian, then at the end of one’s life they can expect to enter heaven and be joined with Christ and the departed saints. This is the** reward **for faithfulness.
[/quote]

:yup: :love: Pretty awesome.

[/quote]

so high, can’t get over it
so low, can’t get under it
so wide, can’t get aournd it
you gotta go in by the door

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.