heaven

as a catholic who goes to confession regularly and keeps the ten commandments to best ability ( though i am struggling with scrupulosity and impure thoughts/ feelings) am i allowed to hope i am going to heaven?

Absolutely!

Certainly. We are not only to hope for it, but to strive for it. Recall how St. Paul compares things to running a race – doesn’t a runner hope to get to the finish line?

Be at peace and maybe read more about the theological virtue of hope (as opposed to the everyday usage of the word).

yes, but love your way to heaven. Real Love is the only way many can get to our God’s heaven with the constant intersession for others that still continues to take place through the heavenly city and His kingdom, His chosen people on Earth.

God bless

I think you have to hope you are going to heaven. :slight_smile:

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church (my emphasis):

1821 We can therefore hope in the glory of heaven promised by God to those who love him and do his will.92 In every circumstance, each one of us should hope, with the grace of God, to persevere "to the end"93 and to obtain the joy of heaven, as God’s eternal reward for the good works accomplished with the grace of Christ. In hope, the Church prays for "all men to be saved."94 She longs to be united with Christ, her Bridegroom, in the glory of heaven:

Most definitely.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.