Heaven

What is it we will do there?

Praise God! Sign me up!:harp:

Know, Love, and Serve Him in Living Light, better than life, Joy beyond all joy and bliss beyond all bliss in timeless eternity. Even these words fall infinitely short of the reality of beatitude. Praise God !

Peace

That harp panics me. I remember as a very young child telling my mother that I did want to go to heaven because I did not want to spend eternity singing. She told me God would probably find something else for me to do. The singing part really traumatized me.

I am baptized August 15, 1954.

Peace

Whatever it is, it will be marvelous, and completely beyond our human comprehension:

However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” – are the things God has prepared for those who love him [1Cor 2:9]

It will NOT be an eternity of singing as we know singing. It will NOT be an eternity of prayer as we know prayer. Whatever it is, we will do it with immense joy, and we will want to do nothing else. Our every possible desire will be fully satisfied.

Such an experience utterly defies our understanding. And this exactly what the Church teaches about it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.