Heavily Catholic Guam is torn by sex abuse allegations

sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Heavily-Catholic-Guam-is-torn-by-sex-abuse-9627022.php

He’s innocent until proven guilty. That’s how the system of American justice works.

And what are you supposed to do about something that happened forty years ago?

I wasn’t aware there was a time limit on justice :shrug: . I hope the truth (whether he did or did not) comes out.

Lou

Exactly.

Al the more reason for justice to be done and be seen to be done. Speaking from Ireland… where this is common and they call it "historic child abuse.

Horrific that such a senior cleric should be in that position of authority,

Al the more reason for justice to be done and be seen to be done. Speaking from Ireland… where this is common and they call it "historic child abuse.

Horrific that such a senior cleric should be in that position of authority,

My point was that there is little anyone can do because most of the evidence is lost to the sands of time and all we have left is the testimony of one person.

If he did do it, he needs to step down immediately. (Duh.) If he didn’t do it, though, then I don’t want some archbishop framed by a system that is already prejudiced against them.

Really? IF it is true, then justice needs to be served.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.