Heavy metal

My favorite bands are Slipknot and Korn.

My favorite Korn song is "Break Some Off".

Do you guys like heavy metal?

Well, its an angry music, thats for sure. Sometimes i’ll listen to “tool” online. when i’m in a bad mood… But hatred against others or God will never build the Lords kingdom. Funny thing about most Hardcore Heavy Metal, is that it is very “religious”. It definately conjours up the evil forces against God, pretty much the opposite of Joy,Love,patience,goodness,kindness… etc. Gods more almighty than all wrath put together … considering he orginated wrath itself. Good thing his Grace and Mercy override that great wrath … My God kicks butt, He is such a powerfull Loving being our Lord… i bet you’d love to spend eternity hootin it up with such an awesome creator, i know i do…
The Peace of God surpasses all understanding.

There is a group in the Group section about Metal with members who like it,they would like more members or metalheads there.

Slipknot and Korn are heavy metal? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :smiley:

Sorry, just ribbing you. :slight_smile: I’m not a big fan of those types of bands. I tend towards the power/prog/symphonic metal subgenres.

Paul is right, though. Someone recently created a “group” for us metalheads:

Christians Who Like Rock/Metal

Come on over. :slight_smile:

I love heavy metal, and I have to agree-Korn? Slipknot?

OP-You need a heavy metal intervention!
:D:D:D

[quote="Joe_5859, post:4, topic:258468"]
I'm not a big fan of those types of bands. I tend towards the power/prog/symphonic metal subgenres.

[/quote]

Joe, you're like the 'me' I never met :p Every time I come into a metal thread, you've already expressed my feelings!

OP, metal is a huge part of my life. I grew up mostly listening to the "Big 4"-type of thrash metal bands (Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, not Slayer), Iron Maiden, and hair metal. For awhile I did the radio rock/metal thing (Linkin Park, Chevelle, Powerman5000), but 7-8 years ago I made the transition to the power/prog/symphonic metal subgenres. Now I spend 85% of my music time on those kinds of bands (which no one in the mainstream has ever heard of aside from maybe Dragonforce and Dream Theater).

I've been super fortunate in that I spent some time being a concert promoter a few years back, my best friend is a concert promoter, and power/prog/symphonic are smaller genres (in America anyway, they are huge in Europe) where the bands can actually interact with the fans, so getting to know the bands - and sometimes becoming friends with them - has been a big part of my musical life.

Last month I helped a band shoot a video (see forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=605472). I have had dinner with many of my favorite power/prog/symphonic bands (just last week with Sabaton - Swedish war metal - before their St. Paul show). Next weekend I'll spend a day hanging out with a member of Anthrax before their Minneapolis show.

So yeah, I "like heavy metal" :D

P.S. Since there will always be the inevitable post that most heavy metal is opposed to Christianity (which may be true, though I'm not sure if it's "most" or just "a lot"), I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that there are incredible Christian bands in every single metal subgenre, including the "darkest" of genres, like black metal. Two of my favorites are Theocracy (try youtube.com/watch?v=B24j9fnkxo4) and HB (try youtube.com/watch?v=r1vM-w8z6D0).

No, it scares me and gives me nightmares.. :'(

:tiphat: I do what I can. :stuck_out_tongue:

You get to hang out with a guy from Anthrax next weekend? Cool. :cool:

I just got turned on to HB. I have been enjoying them immensely. It’s great to have some Christian metal bands that are producing good quality music.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.