Helen Thomas to Jews: 'Get the Hell Out of Palestine'

“Get the hell out of Palestine. Remember these people are occupied, and it’s their land.”
Where should the Jews go, Helen?
“Go home,” to “Poland and Germany.”

corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDRiMzU4ZTVlN2UwYzliNDE4YWJlM2Y3YzUyYTQxMjQ=

Well, there is this: Long-time, elderly journalist Helen Thomas was even more direct, and less polite in her questioning.
"Our initial reaction to this flotilla massacre, deliberate massacre, an international crime, was pitiful," she barked. "What do you mean you regret when something should be so strongly condemned? And if any other nation in the world had done it, we would have been up in arms. What is the sacrosanct, iron-clad relationship where a country that deliberately kills people and boycotts - and we aid and abet the boycott?"
And there's this: *Pressed as to why the White House isn't coming down harder on its longtime ally when the rest of the world seems to be expressing anger and disgust, Gibbs suggested that there is little daylight between the United States and the broader international community. *
"Nothing can bring [the dead] back, Helen [Thomas]," he said to the longtime White House scribe. "We know that for sure. If we could, that wouldn't be up for debate. We believe that a credible and transparent investigation and as I said earlier we are open to international participation in that investigation."
Andrew Breitbart has more.

blogs.knoxnews.com/silence/archives/2010/06/helen_thomas_te.shtml

i think it is time for helen thomas to retire.

she wants all of the Jews in Israel confined to poland and germany?!!!

it is scary with someone who has such a long career in journalism, has a view such as this!

She has been an embarassment for years. She has not been a working journalist for years but no one has the heart to tell her she cant attend the White house Briefings anymore. Tony Snow said whenever things got sticky in a briefing he would call on Helen knowing her question would be so off the wall it would give him time to regroup.

Wow... talk about racism. She is i'm sorry... worthless. Someone should confine or send her to a rest home imo.

[quote="gilliam, post:1, topic:200735"]
“Get the hell out of Palestine. Remember these people are occupied, and it’s their land.”
Where should the Jews go, Helen?
“Go home,” to “Poland and Germany.”

corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDRiMzU4ZTVlN2UwYzliNDE4YWJlM2Y3YzUyYTQxMjQ=

Well, there is this: Long-time, elderly journalist Helen Thomas was even more direct, and less polite in her questioning.

*"Our initial reaction to this flotilla massacre, deliberate massacre, an international crime, was pitiful," she barked. "What do you mean you regret when something should be so strongly condemned? And if any other nation in the world had done it, we would have been up in arms. What is the sacrosanct, iron-clad relationship where a country that deliberately kills people and boycotts - and we aid and abet the boycott?" *

And there's this: *Pressed as to why the White House isn't coming down harder on its longtime ally when the rest of the world seems to be expressing anger and disgust, Gibbs suggested that there is little daylight between the United States and the broader international community. *

*"Nothing can bring [the dead] back, Helen [Thomas]," he said to the longtime White House scribe. "We know that for sure. If we could, that wouldn't be up for debate. We believe that a credible and transparent investigation and as I said earlier we are open to international participation in that investigation." *

Andrew Breitbart has more.

blogs.knoxnews.com/silence/archives/2010/06/helen_thomas_te.shtml

[/quote]

[quote="estesbob, post:3, topic:200735"]
She has not been a working journalist for years .

[/quote]

She writes for the Hearst newspaper agency:
thebostonchannel.com/helenthomas/index.html

[quote="gilliam, post:5, topic:200735"]
She writes for the Hearst newspaper agency:
thebostonchannel.com/helenthomas/index.html

[/quote]

I beleive she does a column for them-she is no longer a poltical reporter and if not for her "tenure" she would not qualify to be in the White House press Pool

Helen Thomas, Get the Heck off the planet!!! Metaphorically of course, but I wish she would just go away...

Let’s everybody chip in, say $100,000 so we can build a really nice club house for Helen and her friend Jimmy Carter so they can have a place to hang out, play cards and host press conferences. Cater in continuous buffet. Open bar.

It's her opinion. Good, bad, or indifferent. She's not entitled to her opinion? :shrug:

True. At least she's honest about her opinion and clear about her hatred of Jews, unlike many others. The natural consequence to the destruction of Israel is either another genocide, or relocation. At least we're not talking about sending them to Madagascar this time.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:9, topic:200735"]
It's her opinion. Good, bad, or indifferent. She's not entitled to her opinion? :shrug:

[/quote]

She's a reporter. She should be attending a news conference to find the facts. Expectations are that you leave your bias at home.

Although you may be excused for thinking the contrary, given what the MSM calls "reporting" these days is actually variably-biased leftist propaganda. You kinda forget what news reporting is supposed to be.

[quote="timotheos, post:11, topic:200735"]
Although you may be excused for thinking the contrary, given what the MSM calls "reporting" these days is actually variably-biased leftist propaganda. You kinda forget what news reporting is supposed to be.

[/quote]

The Main Stream Media includes FOX on television and the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Times among newspapers. How much leftist propaganda do those three represent?

[quote="NotCrazyDan, post:10, topic:200735"]
True. At least she's honest about her opinion and clear about her hatred of Jews, unlike many others. The natural consequence to the destruction of Israel is either another genocide, or relocation. At least we're not talking about sending them to Madagascar this time.

[/quote]

Israel has no worries about destruction or "genocide" or relocation. It alone can do any of those three things to any of its Arab neighbors or to all of them if it chooses. Israel is the One Ton Elephant in the Middle East, knows it, and is secure in that knowledge.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:13, topic:200735"]
Israel has no worries about destruction or "genocide" or relocation. It alone can do any of those three things to any of its Arab neighbors or to all of them if it chooses. Israel is the One Ton Elephant in the Middle East, knows it, and is secure in that knowledge.

[/quote]

Come on, Rich, you know better.

One nuke will wipe out Israel.

Israel is the tiniest state in area and in population in the region and is surrounded on three sides by hostile regimes.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:12, topic:200735"]
The Main Stream Media includes FOX on television and the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Times among newspapers. How much leftist propaganda do those three represent?

[/quote]

Fox is cable news, and would have only small slice of pie if the big mainstream giants (ABC, CBS, NBC) had not embraced a distinct left lean. Its success is reactionary; if the giants had discovered their flaw and returned to unbiased news coverage, Fox would be an asterisk in broadcasting history. They lost it for themselves. Watchers and readers have determined the success of the small percent of "conservative" media outlets that give them something closer to what they know is true. And I am no great fan of Fox News either, but at least I can see how easy it was for them to get market share, given the pre-existing unapologetic politically-driven alternative.

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:14, topic:200735"]
Come on, Rich, you know better.

One nuke will wipe out Israel.

[/quote]

No, it can't. Do you think that Iran is going to war with Israel? They're wild men, but they're not stupid.

Israel is the tiniest state in area and in population in the region and is surrounded on three sides by hostile regimes.

Size has nothing to do with it. The combined arms of all its neighbors can't defeat it unless Egypt joins them, and Egypt is at peace with Israel. Don't buy into paranoia.

Israel itself has around 400 nuclear weapons itself and by far the most technologically advanced military in the middle east. They also have the most advanced economy and are essentially a European type of country. They have historically had little trouble defeating each of their neighbors individually or all at once, and I doubt that legacy will change anytime soon. given that most of Israel's neighbors are still stuck in the fifteenth century. Israel is the Goliath of the Middle East, there's really no doubt about that.

Why everyone here pays so much attention to the lunatic comments of fringe types like Helen Thomas is beyond me. All it does is offer everyone an excuse to ignore the case that, perhaps the US government should take a slightly more even handed appraoch to the Israel-Palestine issue.

[quote="Dionysus, post:17, topic:200735"]

Why everyone here pays so much attention to the lunatic comments of fringe types like Helen Thomas is beyond me. All it does is offer everyone an excuse to ignore the case that, perhaps the US government should take a slightly more even handed appraoch to the Israel-Palestine issue.

[/quote]

This is why:
drudgereport.com/ht.jpg

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:9, topic:200735"]

[/quote]

Of course she can have an opinion. Just hold her out to be an objective journalist. MY opinion is that she should have retired a long time ago and that the defference shown her is ill-placed.

Of course she is-and we are entitled to comment on her opinion. I suspect there is a lot of support for her view in the White House press room and the Obama administration.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.