Hello everyone, preventing suffering

And NEVER once did I mention that abortion was okay, did I? No, I did not. In fact, I specifically stated that someone might try and skew what I posted. Yep, your first response was to disagree with what I posted…and you left it there, even after reading and replying that you had obviously read my disclaimer.:woman_shrugging:t4:

Will the CCC be acceptable for you? It plainly states that “Even if death is thought imminent, the ordinary care owed to a sick person cannot be legitimately interrupted. The use of painkillers to alleviate the sufferings of the dying, even at the risk of shortening their days, can be morally in conformity with human dignity if death is not willed as either an end or a means, but only foreseen and tolerated as inevitable Palliative care is a special form of disinterested charity. As such it should be encouraged.”
That goes for newborns thru the elderly. Actually, it goes towards the preborn babies, too. Surgeons that operate in utero to correct congenital defects use pain medicine for the babies.
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/2279.htm

By your earlier reasoning, people shouldn’t use pain medicine or anesthesia for anything. They should just suffer and offer it up. Good grief! Please tell me I have misinterpreted your posts.

Sorry if I was rude in my first reply. I am very passionate about palliative care for the dying, but of course, in ways only in line with Catholic teaching.

am sorry i was posting on the other thread ,i need read before i could quote Right! i had a quick read ,you come to conclusion quickly though anyways

The intention is very important , not in the case for quickening the termination of the baby but for saving or prolonging life and relief of the baby then its ok i agree with you

. 2279 Even if death is thought imminent, the ordinary care owed to a sick person cannot be legitimately interrupted. The use of painkillers to alleviate the sufferings of the dying, even at the risk of shortening their days, can be morally in conformity with human dignity if death is not willed as either an end or a means, but only foreseen and tolerated as inevitable Palliative care is a special form of disinterested charity. As such it should be encouraged.

I never said that ! ,the Op was saying to prevent suffering for few hours of the baby ,can the baby be terminated in other words is it a sin ?

And I was starting to mix threads in my head - another one was adament about redemptive suffering, as opposed to petitioning God to ease the suffering of the dying, especially small children. My apologies! Abortion is never okay.

@humbleseeker it was an ad for baby center. i was just trying to make chicken empanadas :pensive:

@Francis honestly i wish i could advice them, but they wont listen, as many told them to confess but they rejected immediatly

Anyways thanks all for your answers! Helped me better understand the gravity of abortion.

There is no doubt or dispute about the position of the Church that,abortion is a grave sin being murder ,be whatever the circumstances.In some countries where it is legalised certain conditions have been stipulated such as that it should not be beyond a certain period,serious deformity or health problems detected or it is due to rape etc.but even then it remains a sin though may be legally permissible.

Yes it would.
What does that even mean, anyway? That they saved their child from suffering? How are they so sure?
The last time I checked, suffering is pretty much co-existent with life. We have physical pain, emotional pain, hunger, cold, thirst, heat all from the very beginning.
It doesn’t make as much sense as people make it out to be.

@LumineDiei

i am sorry too, i too at times reply rudely but realize the next moment by God’s Grace. we are humans right! one understands ,when we keep posting ,we kinda get carried away,CFA has made us more tolerant here. God Bless

It is unfortunately the way the laws are headed in the US- using people as an ends to justify the means. Pretty horrific, and last week was only the beginning.
Fr. G

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.