Hello

Hello to all,

I hope it will be OK if I invite the members to visit the link

www.geocities.com/hosseincaraballo

(since this is the non-Catholics portion of the forum).

In any case, any and all comments will be appreciated.

[quote=jello]Hello to all,

I hope it will be OK if I invite the members to visit the link

www.geocities.com/hosseincaraballo

(since this is the non-Catholics portion of the forum).

In any case, any and all comments will be appreciated.
[/quote]

Welcome.

I have an issue with the opening paragraph of the article “The Great Love for Jesus Christ Led Me to Islam.” Catholicism does not state that other religions are “false” but that they don’t contain the fullness of truth. Islam in particular has many elements of truth but, I believe, it does not have the fullness of truth.

Thank you for posting, but what was your intent? Was it to draw others away from Catholicism or was it to try to justify to yourself why you left the Church that God, through Jesus Christ, started. If you think about it, there are only really two religions.

1. Judasim - GOD started
  2. Christianity (Catholicism) - Jesus started.

ISLAM is a man-maid religion started by Muhammad. I’m sorry you had bad expierences with other so-called “Christians”, but the question is this, “TO WHOM DO YOU PUT YOUR FAITH?” Man or God?

You referenced “BAD ROLE MODELS” for Christians. And they shook your faith to the point of turning to Islam. Now you again put your faith in the teaching of another man “MUHAMMAD”.

As for those BAD ROLE MODELS of Christianity, do you think Saadam Husane or Osam Bin Laudin are the perfect role models of Islam?
What a shame. If you would trust God in stead of man, maybe you would have stayed with the Church.

Well, the title of the book is simply to demostrate what the author believes constituted an important part of his decision to enter Islaam, and that Jesus is not negatively seen by Muslims.

He may not be “negatively” seen by our Muslim brothers and sisters (peace to them), but He is not “correctly” seen either–as the Son of God.

Well, it should be noted that people’s perception of a religion or movement, for better of for worse, is many times tied to personalities… like the case of some “liberal” Catholics who are saying that they are considering leaving the Church because of the election of the new Pope.

I know it is wrong in the view of the people here, but it is a normal part of the way human thinking develops and perceives things…

[quote=jello]Well, the title of the book is simply to demostrate what the author believes constituted an important part of his decision to enter Islaam, and that Jesus is not negatively seen by Muslims.
[/quote]

It is to bad the author has put Jesus on the same level as Mohammad and Moses? Does the bible not teach that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin? I will pray for the author.

God help us,
ex-mo

[quote=jello]Well, it should be noted that people’s perception of a religion or movement, for better of for worse, is many times tied to personalities… like the case of some “liberal” Catholics who are saying that they are considering leaving the Church because of the election of the new Pope.

I know it is wrong in the view of the people here, but it is a normal part of the way human thinking develops and perceives things…
[/quote]

If a person ties there perception of a religion to the actions of individuals, they will be disappointed when those individuals sin. We should not base our religion or perception of a religion on human individuals because the religion will fall short of perfection. Catholics base their religion on Christ who was man and God and therefore the religion does not fall short of perfection.

[quote=dhgray]If you think about it, there are only really two religions.

1. Judasim - GOD started
  2. Christianity (Catholicism) - Jesus started.
    [/quote]

:eek: God created only one religion Judasim. Catholicism is Judasim fully revealed by Our Lord Jesus Christ. :thumbsup:

Just thought id say welcome to the original poster:D

^

Thank you for welcoming me into the forum.

[quote=Wildgraywolf]:eek: God created only one religion Judasim. Catholicism is Judasim fully revealed by Our Lord Jesus Christ. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks WGW…point taken.

There was a comment about whom to put our faith, man or God…

However, I think it is beyond doubt that you would need the witnessess of men in order for you to come to the conclusion of “Jesus being God”, so even in that case, you would be forced to say that your faith is actually based on men…

[quote=jello]There was a comment about whom to put our faith, man or God…

However, I think it is beyond doubt that you would need the witnessess of men in order for you to come to the conclusion of “Jesus being God”, so even in that case, you would be forced to say that your faith is actually based on men…
[/quote]

Do you need the witnesses of men to come to the conclusion that Muhammad was Allah’s “prophet”??? The you would be forced to say that the Islamic faith is based on men…Curious as to your thoughts as the sword cuts both ways by the logic above and welcome to the forums. Thanks and God Bless.

Greetings yet again,

Well, obviously, if the individual was not present at the times of Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc., then what other evidence can be used as to the existence and mission of these Prophets save for the eyewitness accounts of other people who are non-Prophets ???

[quote=jello]Greetings yet again,

Well, obviously, if the individual was not present at the times of Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc., then what other evidence can be used as to the existence and mission of these Prophets save for the eyewitness accounts of other people who are non-Prophets ???
[/quote]

You can look at the moral system that was left by both. The moral system left by Christ is perfect and therefore comes from God. We should accept nothing less.

Well, I am not aware of a full moral code left behind by the New Testament. So please could the members inform me of the rules and regulations that the writers of the NT left behind for us to follow ???

Mark 12:30,30
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these."

We are required to love Osama bin Laden and Sadam Hussein as we love ourselves. If a man were to rape and kill my daughter, I’d be required to love him just the same. It’s a very demanding moral code.

Greetings

I do not think merely “loving” people consitutes a full moral code, since it only deals with one aspect of the person’s life…

If the people want, they can provide references to the contrary…

[quote=jello]Greetings

I do not think merely “loving” people consitutes a full moral code, since it only deals with one aspect of the person’s life…

If the people want, they can provide references to the contrary…
[/quote]

It not merely ‘loving people’ but it’s love people as yourself. I’m not sure what you mean by providing references, can you explain?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.