Help a Catholic win a $10k blogging scholarship!

Hi friends, I’d like to share some exciting news with you. I decided to post this here because some of my writings have been copied to these forums in the past.

I run the AmericanPapist blog which has been nominated as a top-20 finalist in the prestigious 2007 Blogging Scholarship Awards. I’m also the only Christian blogger to be nominated this year. I’m not trying to win (I don’t think I could get enough votes) – I’m just trying to make a good showing as a witness to the thousands of people participating in the poll. I’ve already received over 1,800 votes.

If you’d like to help, it’s as easy as 1-2-3 (no registration or information required + it only takes a few seconds!):

1. Visit the 2007 Blogging Scholarship Award Page.
  2. Vote for “Thomas Peters” (second from the bottom)
  3. That’s it! Now go tell your friends!

If you’d like to see a sample of my daily work, you can find today’s topics right here.

This is a great chance to band together, show our combined internet influence and also provide a witness to the vibrant and faith-filled blogging community. The contest ends October 28th so we have to get moving!

There’s also a facebook group where you can follow the daily progress.

Background: The AmericanPapist blog has been providing news, analysis, commentary and multimedia content to youth since 2005. It has received over 1,000,000 visits. I am currently a student in Washington DC studying Ethics and working part-time to cover expenses. I hope to teach/write and serve the Church with my talents.

Thanks & God Bless!

I voted - good blog. Good Luck, Thomas!

As of right now, you are in fourth place!

I’m not sure how many CAF members visit this particular forum, but if even half of us vote for you then your blog may do better than that. :slight_smile:

Yeah, if half the people who visited the blog in the last week voted … I’d be in #1.

Oh well, as I said, I’m not trying to win - just put in a good showing… every little bit helps!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.