Help? Advice? WHat to do about sexual fetishes?

Hi. A bit of explanation. I suffer from a sexual fetish for changing the way I look. So any man I see that has a physical trait that I would desire, I’m turned on by. This makes an even worse problem for me, as it drags me back into homosexual attraction, another issue that’s come my way. I know the psychological origin of the homosexuality, but the fetishes keep pulling me back in. I’m an 18 year old male, and I really need some prayer and advice.

Now, one thing that affects me the worst are shaved heads. A part of me genuinely likes the look, but because of that, my fetish(changing what I look like) comes into play and I’m tempted so badly.

Now, I’ve been wanting to shave my head for some time now, and I know that as soon as I do, I likely won’t be aroused by it anymore. This might help alleviate temptation to sin, and I do actually like the look. But I’m not sure if I’m just using this as an excuse to give in to a sexual fantasy. I don’t think about it in a sexual way, but it has the same effect. What should I do?

(I’ve also been going to Theophostics sessions to help. It’s basically psychoanalysis guided by prayer.)

I think your counselor is going to have a much better handle on this one than many of us on the open forums - that is unless maybe you can find one of the closed groups more geared to helping with sexual temptations and issues. God bless you on your road to chastity.

My advice is so simple your going to think I am making fun of you but I am not: Stay away from them.

That’s what I’ve been trying to do. The question was about whether or not it would be a good idea to go through with this or not, and if I should examine it harder.

I will tell you by way of God’s voice speaking to me you need not doubt and stay away from it.

Are you sure? I’ve been praying about it, and it seems that while he doesn’t explicitly want me to, God is alright with it. I genuinely think it could help.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.