Help: Catholic Books in San Diego stores

For those who live in San Diego, are Catholic books easy to find? Like the ones found here on CA. I’m looking for Bruce Sullivan’s “Christ in His Fullness”, so I can read for independent reading at school.

The only bookstore that I know is the one in Plaza Bonita. I’m pretty sure there are others, but that’s the closest from where I live. WalMart is full of books by televangelists :).

Thanks.

You may want to try these two:

Nature’s Storehouse - they’re located in Chula Vista near the corner of 3rd Ave. & F Street. They started out as a natural supplement store, but then converted half their store into a Catholic goods store (ask the owner why - it’s a very interesting and inspiring story!).

St. Joseph’s Religious Supply - They’re located on College Ave. in San Diego. They’ve also got an excellent selection of books, also. Do a google search on them.

Hope these help!
God Bless!

You can order it from Amazon.com.

Kathy

:eek:

Amazon.com and other online stores are killing Catholic bookstores across the country. I like to save money, as do most people, but having an actual bookstore in the community is a real asset. And they can’t survive if people don’t shop there.

I moved to another city this year, and was dismayed to find out that the only Catholic bookstore in town went out of business last year.

There’s a Pauline Books & Media Store in San Diego (Clairemont area) off Balboa and close to Genessee. It’s about 20 miles from Chula Vista depending on what part of CV you’re at.

5945 Balboa Ave
San Diego, CA 92111
(858) 565-9181

here’s their website address: pauline.org/

Go to the online shop at Catholic Answers and go to the section that says New From other Authors.

Mark, I second sprout’s nomination of Pauline Books and Media. They have a huge store with tons of stuff. It’s a blessing to have one in any city, so we’re very lucky.

mp

I looked through the website and I couldn’t find the book. It also says that they currently have books that are published by them. :(:shrug:

Call them and ask if they have it. I gave the phone # in my previous post. If they don’t have it in stock they can order it for you.

We are very fortunate, indeed, to have a Pauline Bookstore in our city. Let’s support them whenever possible. They are run by the Daughters of St. Paul. In addition to a good sized collection of books and a knowledgeable staff they also have CD’s, movies, statuary, art prints, and religious items plus free gift wrapping with purchase. If you visit them on a Friday they have adoration and exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in their Chapel.

The website only lists books published by the Pauline Books & Media publishing house. The stores have stock from many different companies as well as the Pauline titles. Either stop in or give them a call…

Well the book I was looking for is called “Christ in His Fullness” by Bruce Sullivan. I didn’t want my mom to drive me far. So I just went to Plaza Bonita and got me the CCC instead. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot though. I’ll be looking to those places later in the future.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.