Help during Lent

Please, I am asking for your help during this Lent as part of the Church. Last year’s lent was especially hard for me, and I became very depressed. I thought I was a murderer of Christ, since He died for our sins. In a way this is true, as the human race as a whole committed Diacide. However, our sins have done this, and He chose to lay down His life that we may be saved.

That being said, later that year I almost (had the intention of) committing suicide. No longer suicidal, I am still being heavily attacked by the devil. God is my everything, but the devil is filling me with lies about the whole thing. Like, that he wouldn’t want me back after what happened last year. I know it isn’t true, but these lies are so close to last years-it’s very hard for me. I feel like I’m going crazy-but it’s like any other temptation, right?

Please pray for me this Lent, I’m only 18. Have you experienced trials/temptations like these, where it’s more a lie than a tempting? I don’t know, please pray.

Loving God,

We come before you tonight as your loving but imperfect and sometimes sinful children. We ask for your mercy and grace to heal us and help us to follow the path you have called us to. We lift up the intentions of our little sister littleflower_24 and ask you to help and guide her as you did your son Jesus when he spent 40 days in the desert being tempted by the devil. Dear God, you love each of your children unconditionally, and you often bend us to test us, but you will never break us even though sometimes it may feel that way. When your son Jesus survived his time in the desert and overcame the temptations of the devil through prayer, knowledge of the scriptures, and unabiding love for You - you sent your angels to minister to your son Jesus. O God, we pray that you might send your angels to guard our little sister, protect her from temptation and misguidance from the evil one, and help her to develop a strong prayer life so she might discern your loving call to her and find comfort and peace in You. Please have mercy on littleflower_24 as she is your loving child and desperately wants to follow the path you have for her life. Please grant her a strong faith, hope in You, and fortitude to withstand the challenges and hurdles of life. May littleflower_24’s walk through her desert this Lent help her to find the straight and blessed path closer to you, O Lord, on her never ending journey of faith.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who with You and the Holy Spirit are the greatest love we will ever know.

Amen.

littleflower, you certainly have my prayers. Any priest experienced in exorcism - or indeed any other priest - would tell that in cases like yours you must FIRST eliminate the possibility of natural causes for your problems before presuming that the cause is supernatural (ie demonic attack/possession).

You say ‘I feel like I’m going crazy’ - and I would, from my admittedly limited experience, say that what you are going through sounds unusual. That’s not to say that the cause is necessarily psychological either - there are physical illnesses that can also affect the emotions and the way you think.

So your first step should be to go to your doctor, make sure you’re in good health physically, and perhaps talk to a counsellor as well to check your emotional state. In the meantime feel free to talk to a priest as well - if you call the office of your diocese, they can refer you to a priest who deals in exorcisms and the like.

:amen:

St. Michael, the ArchAngel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickednes and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell, satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen :knight2:

(don’t listen to satan, he’s a liar.)

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kindgom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, Blessed art thou among women and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus, holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Well, I went to a counselor last year, and she said I was fine according to her. I was affected by emotional abuse from my family last year, so she helped me with that. She wasn’t religious that I know of, so of course she looked at the emotional side of things first. I have also talked to a priest about this last year, and he said that it was a spiritual attack. Still, I think you would have to go through my experiences to get what I’m going through…

You told her exactly what you’ve told us, in exactly so many words? Were these temptations related to the suicidal feelings, or is it just because you mentioned both of them together that I get that impression - I mean why mention them if they’re unrelated?

Apart from that, I’d seriously suggest getting a thorough checkup from your doctor as well to eliminate possible physical causes. And make sure the priest you talk to is an experienced exorcist and not just any priest - every diocese has a particular priest or priests who handle such issues. Did the priest you spoke to actually do anything concrete to help you?

Praying

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee O Virgin of Virgins my mother, to thee to I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy Mercy hear and answer me.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Blessed Michael, the Archangel, please be her defence. Jesus please give her Your wisdom healing and peace.

Praying very hard for the Holy Spirit to guide you! Hang in there, God loves you!

I beleive you are getting the impretion because I put them both together. They happened at the same time, yes. However, the temptations are back now this lent, without the suicidal thoughts. Yes, I did tell her the same things I have told you, and she has found no ‘disease’ in my mind. I talked to the priest, and he was the one who pointed me to a counselor, to rule the mind out of it. We didn’t do anything more concrete than that. I’m only asking for prayers here. The temptings are real, wether you want to beleive them or not, even if my mind can blow things out of porportion. The devil of coarse uses that against each of us, trying to seem bigger than he is. Please, I only ask for your prayers.

Thankyou to all who have replied so far, already your prayers are helping. My friend printed off some simple prayers of exorcism that were approved to be said by the laity. This has damatically helped, thank you. Please keep praying though throughout Lent. :slight_smile:
Through Jesus, we can conquer anything because he is everything!

Saint Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of GOd, thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.
AMEN

Praying for you~

Loving God,

We come before you today as your loving but imperfect and sometimes sinful children. We ask for your mercy and grace to heal us and help us to follow the path you have called us to. We lift up the intentions of our little sister littleflower_24 and ask you to help and guide her as you did your son Jesus when he spent 40 days in the desert being tempted by the devil. Dear God, you love each of your children unconditionally, and you often bend us to test us, but you will never break us even though sometimes it may feel that way. When your son Jesus survived his time in the desert and overcame the temptations of the devil through prayer, knowledge of the scriptures, and unabiding love for You - you sent your angels to minister to your son Jesus. O God, we pray that you might send your angels to guard our little sister, protect her from temptation and misguidance from the evil one, and help her to develop a strong prayer life so she might discern your loving call to her and find comfort and peace in You. Please have mercy on littleflower_24 as she is your loving child and desperately wants to follow the path you have for her life. Please grant her a strong faith, hope in You, and fortitude to withstand the challenges and hurdles of life. May littleflower_24’s walk through her desert this Lent help her to find the straight and blessed path closer to you, O Lord, on her never ending journey of faith.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who with You and the Holy Spirit are the greatest love we will ever know.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.