Help How do I say what I want to say w/o cussing

Please help. I'm writing a story and I don't want to cuss in it. The problem is I don't know how to say what I want to say without cussing. I have a mother in the story who is trying to teach her child (BTW they're birds) be self-reliant. So she's not coddling him like the main character Andy, who's a squirrel, thinks she should do.

Now when she's being mean, in Andy's mind, Andy wants to say "What a B___" but I don't want cuss in the story.

So what should I say instead?

Thank you and God bless,
Dan

What I'd like to know, is how you got your question posted not once but twice.

I've asked questions several times on this forum and none have been posted.

"What a Buzzkill":D
Thank you old english:p

I find that CS Lewis does this sort of thing well, without cussing :slight_smile: (in books such as Narnia). The language might be a bit outdated though.

Sorry I don’t know the answer! (even after thinking about it)

I agree that you shouldn’t include cussing especially if it’s a children’s story

maybe you could flip through the dictionary :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, they're birds, right? Now, the "b" word may be an insult to humans because you're comparing a woman to a female dog (I, er, DO have the right "b" word, correct?) But this is a children's book and these are birds... To what would you compare a bird that would be extremely insulting?

A worm?

A cat?

Another, more aggressive or annoying, kind of bird?

I know it seems funny, but maybe one bird calling another bird a "mean tabby" might be on par with "cussing" (in the bird world!)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.