Help. I need Advice...feeling alone

Please pray for me. My cousin started to go to a Protestant church and has been saved as of 3/20/11 (that is what she put on her Facebook page) A lot of her friends were congratulating her. I posted on her page this, "

As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)."

No one replied back but her new boyfriend wrote "baby you know what you felt to make you get saved, and thats between you and god no one else..."

She emailed me and said that I should be happy that she has God in her heart and she thinks I'm being negative and she doesn't want negativity in her life. She told me she is still a Catholic and I told her that she wasn't a Catholic if she is attending another church that is not Catholic. I told her that if she feels that I'm negative then we should make an appt w/the Priest and talk to him.

Please pray for my family. I keep sending her stuff about Catholicism. should I stop sending her stuff or continue. I really need your help. My family thinks it is just a phase she is going through.

I don't know how old this cousin in but if she is underrage and still living at home with mom and dad hopefully they will put a stop to it but if not you can lead by example and what ever you do please continue to go to mass do not go to this protestant church even if she threatens you with eternal damnation I am a convert and I lost a whole group of friends when I stopped going to an assembly of god church and converted to catholocisn you hang in there you will be in my prayers

Thank you so much for the prayers. I thank God I have strong faith in my Catholic faith. I am also a catechist for the last 6 years. My cousin is 28 but still lives in her parents home w/her 3 kids and her boyfriend. I just feel so sad. Once again Thank You for your prayers!

[quote="ceebee, post:1, topic:233534"]
Please pray for me. My cousin started to go to a Protestant church and has been saved as of 3/20/11 (that is what she put on her Facebook page) A lot of her friends were congratulating her. I posted on her page this, "

As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)."

No one replied back but her new boyfriend wrote "baby you know what you felt to make you get saved, and thats between you and god no one else..."

She emailed me and said that I should be happy that she has God in her heart and she thinks I'm being negative and she doesn't want negativity in her life. She told me she is still a Catholic and I told her that she wasn't a Catholic if she is attending another church that is not Catholic. I told her that if she feels that I'm negative then we should make an appt w/the Priest and talk to him.

Please pray for my family. I keep sending her stuff about Catholicism. should I stop sending her stuff or continue. I really need your help. My family thinks it is just a phase she is going through.

[/quote]

Why are you being negative? Would you rather have a cousin who doesn't have a conversion experience and a personal relationship with Christ?
I think that your cousin has been blessed by God.. God doesn't just work in the Catholic Church. She might have been going to church for years without having that life changing connection with the Lord.
That born-again faith (or call it what you like) is what really moves mountains. Not being a nominal Catholic.

Congratulate her and be happy for her.. and if you can, praise God with her, show her that your love for Him is equal to hers, pray together with her.. then she will see she doesn't need to leave her Catholic Church to have a truly faith filled community that understands her new found joy in Jesus.

Ceebee: She is committing mortal sin for not attending Mass.She's young and often those who aren"t well founded in the faith wander.Unless uou have some real convincing to say (dont think to hard about it)leave her alone.In most cases they usuallly come back.In the meantime pray for her.God always hears our prayers.I agree with your family.

[quote="valentino, post:5, topic:233534"]
Ceebee: She is committing mortal sin for not attending Mass.She's young and often those who aren"t well founded in the faith wander.Unless uou have some real convincing to say (dont think to hard about it)leave her alone.In most cases they usuallly come back.In the meantime pray for her.God always hears our prayers.I agree with your family.

[/quote]

The cousin is not a child. She is an adult woman of 28.
We hear now that she has been co-habitating the last years with her boyfriend, so we might assume she was only Catholic by name.

Now she has a conversion experience to CHRIST which is very needed and because that didn't happen in the Roman Catholic Church people are all up in arms.
I ask myself.. where are our healthy priorities??

This reminds me of my friend who used to be an only nominal Catholic, involved with impurity and no personal faith. He had a born again experience and started to take his new Evangelical faith very seriously and repented from his old ways. His catholic parents were furious.. where they had been content with the nominal Catholicism of their son up until that point, now they were angry because he was Evangelical although he, for the first time, had saving faith! His dad even struck him in the face....

How sad it is to see that the same kind of thinking prevails so much here.

thanks everyone. Thanks for making me think differently. I will leave it in Gods hands. Guess it just scares me because it was the same way w/my Uncle who left us because we were Catholic. I feel a lil better and I'm sure w/all your prayers I will feel great. THanks again!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.