Help.... I need your advice family

I posted this on youtube on a video that encouraged detachment… To not be like the rich young ruler. To let go of everything to have Jesus…and thought i should post it on here too…im a cradle Catholic. Married. 32 years old…

Help me Father…I found God and really tried to detach myself when i was about 25…i tried really hard to be humble, modest, minimalistic, charitable, and studied Catholicism day and night… At about age 30 i saw other people around me be more successful. I was just stuck in my same job, same car, same old clothes, same everything… sort of just content. Im not blaming it on God but i think i took it too far…is that possible? I think there needs to be a healthy balance. Im now trying to catch up and i feel like im not focusing on Jesus that much…i have to focus on making more money though cause i have a wife and a 4th child on the way and im the only one that works in my household…sometimes i feel guilty for trying to make more money. People say its ok to try to better myself and my families life and i agree but i feel that now im just thinking of ways to make money and that’s all i think about… Please pray for me. I need to make more money but still not forget about Jesus…

1 Like

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

1 Like

I pray that our Heavenly Father helps you to discern proper balance.

Working to be a better provider is good, but if that focus was to become your “one thing” (e.g., eclipse your relationships with God and your family), then that would create a bad unbalance.

1 Like

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.