Help? If possible!

I am not sure how to ask these questions, sorry!

I am looking for similar Bible teachings such as:

1. It is the heart that has to be circumcised.

2. A broken and humbled heart, O Lord, You will to spurn.

3. Sirach 35: 2 In works of charity one offers fine floor fine flour, and when he gives alms he presents his sacrifice of praise.

4. We are the Temples of the Holy Spirit.

5. Destroy this Temple and I will rebuild it in three days.

The ideas that I am looking to understand is: the Laws of Moses are good. The outward ritual Law of Moses are good. The outward ritual Laws of Moses point to inward realities.

I hope I am clear, but I do not know!!

THANKS

Not a bible scholar, but I do love scripture. I know there will be others who will be much more helpful.

1. Douay-Rheims Bible
    Deuteronomy 30:6 The Lord thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed: that then mayst love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, that thou mayst live.
    Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiff necked.
    I believe this scripture from the OT promises that God will cleanse the heart of his people, so that they may love him with their entire heart and soul.

2. Psalm 51:17 (NAV) The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
    (You have the words “You will TO spurn” Scripture says that God will NOT despise (spurn) a broken and contrite heart.

I’ll leave it to others to complete this :slight_smile: God bless

5).

As said in the next sentence, this refers to Our LORD’s human body. His hearers were shocked at the idea that the Holy Temple (which had been in construction for almost 50 years, and in fact would never be finished), should be destroyed (but that finally occurred).

But our LORD suffered the death of His body (which is normally the end of the body, just like knocking down a building), which body, because it held Divinity, was a walking temple; yet He walked Himself out of death on the third day.

ICXC NIKA!

Your answer for #4 is in Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost, believers were given the indwelling HS. Paul reminds the Corinthians of this 3 times in 1Cor.He expected them to know it.(1Cor.3:16-17)

Thanks!

Please let me try to explain myself better:

I need passages that are similar the ones that listed.

Also, passages that explain the deeper meaning of the particular law or ritual such as the two on passages on circumcision.

THANKS!

I am also looking for a passage that says something about not making a cloak out of two different kinds of material.

The coat should not be made of linen and something else.

I am not sure if I said that correctly.

I am looking to find that passage.

I think it is in the first five books, but I am not sure.

I think it has something to do with coat

I found the one about a coat or garment!

Deut 22: 11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

What on earth have you gotten yourself into, Jim?

You have enough phases to use an online searchable bible, which I would recommend. You may not find all of what you want, but much of it you can.

You may want to read Rom 2 because the context may help you, and if you have a referenced bible, you can follow some of the links.

…28For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

guanophore

I am not sure!

I am using an online searchable Bible, Blue Letter Bible.

I am exploring the hypothesis that the Laws and rituals of Moses have dual meanings.

I know that the physical Temple was a building and the other was Jesus’ body and now ours.

I know the circumcision has an outward meaning and one of the heart; the heart is the most important. The heart is our soul.

I know that the lamb is eaten at Passover. I know that we eat the body and blood of Jesus in the Eucharist. Also, if one is not an Orthodox or Catholic, the Passover land was the lamb, but Jesus is the Lamb. And Jesus says His food is to do the will of the Father. Our food, for our heart, is God’s will.

I hope this makes just a little sense.

THANKS!

guanophore

Might you have an idea as to why one should not have a garment of two different kinds?

My idea: one is from God and one is from man.

THAT IS AN IDEA THAT I AM EXPLORING!

Any and all help will be treasured!

THANKS!

Again, speculation: the wool is from the lamb. There must be a connection to the Lamb of God. Linen is from plants.

I have only began to question these ideas.

ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GIVE IS VALUED.

I suppose it might be similar to milk, vegetables, and meat. Milk for the young in faith, and meat for adults in faith.

Judaism has two different kinds of laws:

The “mispatim”, or laws that are practical in nature. Laws on the Sabbath and not eating pork (under Biblical conditions) have clear benefits for human wellbeing.

The “Jukim”, or laws that are upheld simply to show devotion to God.

The one you are asking about concerning kinds of thread probably falls into this category.

ICXC NIKA

Eddie

THANKS!

Yes it makes good sense. I think you are on to something very important.

Anything historical you can get from Fr. Mitch Pacwa will help you. Scott Hahn the Lamb’s supper is also very good with understanding how the OT foreshadows the NT. Charles O’conner is also a great listen. You can download his podcasts.

guanophore

THANKS!

I believe that this is primary–in the sense, it is in addition to the four senses and lectio.

I believe it enhances our view of the literal, and opens one up to the Christological (allegorical), moral, and anagogical perceptions or senses of the Bible.

Again–THANKS!

"So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good." Rom 7:12

fhansen

THANKS!!!

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.