Help! I'm being afflicted by prophesy! Bad signs, bad!

[SIGN]This topic warrents a disclaimer. This discussion is not intended for philosophical arguments. The validity of any statements herein has not been established. It is not intended to alter anyones beliefs but rather ask for advice. Please feel free to respond with opinions, suggestions, observations, personal experiences etc. I’m not saying that I would reject prayer out of hand but I am not looking to maintain the status quo. I will pray anyways though.[/SIGN]

First let me say I do not preach or evangelize. My beliefs are not set in stone. I am willing to accept truth and that I may not know something or I may have ever been wrong or that what was true before may have changed. I do believe in truth however.

I have a prophesy problem. No I am not Mohammad. But it is me doing prophesy. OK, what do I mean by that. I say and do things that are connected with events coincidentally. This has been going on for at least 7 years or so. The events have been local and global. These include natural phenomenon: earthquakes, tornadoes and tsunamis etc. Active persons: guns, abductions, terrorist activities, motor vehicles, a hockey puck, etc. Sudden deaths: heart attacks, strokes. Things have been revealed. Not all things but some of them. Unspeakable things have been done towards the filthy rich. It is not my hand but the hand of God.

All of this on the just on the internet (accept for the terrorist activities and the hockey puck). I was locked up in mental institutions and put in jail for people dieing. God did fight for me to be released. Nobody was listening but he did fight. He took hostages and sent a snipper. I realize that snipper could have been for anyone. That I know the hostage would be released 4 years later my my own self-proclaimed psychic abilities and miraculous action, I say it was for me not to be in jail; this was the coincidence.

I gave up. I would not speak. I believed it (God is real) but no one listened or cared. But it followed me around and I was made to speak.

I don’t want people to die. I kind of figure God will do what he will do (that includes what he does with me somewhat I guess). That is why it qualifies for insurance claims. I did not ask to do this nor to be what I am. I am afflicted. My signs and wonders go unnoticed. I feel bad.

My problem is that I am lonely. What am I supposed to do? I am misunderstood. I have no place to go. There is no place for me in the church. There is no place for me in society accept for mental institutions or on the street with wackos. Not that I mind these people, but I want to have a family. I am not weird. When prophesy comes it is not an obvious thing. It can be integrated into what I do. I don’t mind working. Some people make me unwell however.

Is their jobs for prophets? What am I supposed to do? Maybe a singles network? Anything? Aren’t there supposed to be girl prophets or apostles or whatever you call them? I have difficulties. Discuss.

Be careful with prophecy. Some prophecy is from God and some from the devil and some is the product of the human mind.

If it’s from God, then it is always true.

If it’s from the devil sometimes it’s true. Sometimes not. The devil cannot see the future, but he can predict the future based on present events. That’s the reason for the “sometimes true.”

If it’s from a human source, then the actual cause can be a type of mental illness that causes either visual or auditory hallucinations, such as Type I Bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. Sometimes these conditions can overlap.

Another human source can be from hallucinogens.

Honestly, vampares, your prophecies don’t sound like they’re from God.

If you’ve been in a mental institution and they’ve been unable to help you, that might rule out the human source. Still, I’d seek out professional advice from someone working in the mental health field.

Now, you could be suffering a demonic affliction. My advice would be to talk to someone in the Church. Actually, the best form of exorcism is the Sacrament of Baptism.

You might also consider prayer.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

God Bless!

Yes it is not false, it just kills people.

It is not the prophecy that I am concerned with it is the marriage. To the few people who were shaken in good faith, they have their sign. To those crushed by the sign they have theirs. You need not worry about that.

I assume you’ve already been baptised?

I would hesitate to give you any advice actually - this is either a matter of mental illness or supernatural powers (could be good or bad type). Anyways not the sort of thing that can be properly handled over the internet.

If, as you say, you have already been in mental institution and in jail, and the insitution hasn’t been helpful and you have been released from jail, then I would seek a priest who is an expert in spiritual warfare. Call the office of the Bishop in your diocese, they will be able to tell you who to go to.

And trust that priest if he tells you it ISN’T supernatural! Sometimes people believe one explanation of things so firmly that they have a hard time considering any of the alternatives.

I have been baptized. Not by the Catholic church however. Spiritual warfare seems to be related to paganism and witchcraft. Certainly the outward practice exists and I can’t say it wouldn’t result in super-natural forces, whatever the purpose.

I have never deliberately conjured, incanted, invoked – don’t even pray very often. I don’t think I’ve ever done so openly. I think the difficult may lie in my strict adherence to the scripture. While not always in the direct name of scripture, it has always been in the spirit of scripture, sometimes recounting scripture itself, sometimes I will review scripture in what I say, sometimes it just follow scripture. There are times where other works are reviewed. Less is done in this sense and I don’t think anything ever denied Jesus.

What to make of this? I think there is nothing to make of it. It is shameful that I should be in such a situation. It is an embarrassment. That God ever did speak for me, while I do not wish to force or even offer that in anyway to anyone, I don’t know that I can entirely ignore the fact and return to what I spoke against.

The Catholic church has no obligation to fullfill another’s covenants. I feel as though I am insufficient. I do not wish to be married outside of the context of God and his will. The proposition that he has a plan is to infer someone else follows it or that the devil is restrained from the zombie petting zoo. Part of my problem now is that absent a mental health scenario, I’m at a loss. I can’t bring God into the equation or the hallucination there of. I’d be satisfied with a good hallucination or two just for the sake of good faith.

I would definitely recommend seeing a Catholic priest as soon as possible. He will be able to put you in touch with the proper individuals who can investigate the possibility of demonic sources.

You should not have to suffer because of these premonitions you have. Please, see a priest! He will want to help you regardless of your denomination.

The Catholic Church has an obligation to fight evil wherever it finds it in the world. There are no boundaries of faith when it comes to this task which has been laid upon it, just as Jesus himself didn’t reject pagan Romans or heretical Samaritans, but healed all alike along with the Jews. And the Catholic Church has lots of combined experience upon which to draw!

Go see a priest, at least to rule out the possibility of the supernatural. And psychiatry, while good, isn’t perfect, so it’s possible you do have some illness that’s difficult to diagnose or treat - even then the prayers of a good man (which most priests are :wink: ) can do wonders.

Perhaps IF it is from God, He is showing you to a certain degree what evil is like.
Could also be from the devil (angels and demons can project thoughts into our minds) and, while satan doesn’t know the future absolutely, he can make accurate predictions (knowing the human body well enough to know when a person’s heart will fail etc.)

And sometimes God gives psychic gifts (rare as i understand it) but, nonetheless, they are to be used for good.

I would find a GOOD holy and orthodox Catholic Priest.
www.saint-mike.org might have something useful, you can always contact the person.

God Bless
Mordocai

I believe that this distress that you so clearly have is not from God.

I am concerned that you seek out a Catholic Priest whatever your religious affliation or whatever you believe and describe all of these things to him as soon as you can. I’m also concerned that you take good care of yourself and go and talk with your doctor about your health generally and tell them about the things you experience. But foremost speak with a Catholic Priest without delay.

In my prayers and in my heart.

Prophecy is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the Catholic Church does have a place for individuals touched in this way as it builds the Kingdom of God.
Not to say one way or another that this is of God, I am not qualified. But you should contact someone in the Church who may be able to give guidance, you don’t have to be Catholic to benefit.
Please contact this site for information on possible spiritual directors in your area, here is the Spiritual Warfare Q&A forum:

saint-mike.org/qa/sw/default.asp

“I believe that this distress that you so clearly have is not from God.”

Is there a way to know. Like if I said (well cutted and pasted)

Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.
12:25 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand.
12:26 And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
12:27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 

And then it was done. Would that qualify? Not that I want to sit here and pick at this issue but is there anything at all that would make it not evil?

I mean, I agree with you that it is bad. I know that Jesus was much kinder and gentler. I live in America by the way. I’ve trusted upon God to provide for me for many years, 10 now and I have been reasonable. I worked, I was paid low wages. I waited. This is what I got.

Maybe I am too presumptuous. I think, from what I can ascertain, God is not happy. If you like you can spin that into evil. I suppose that there is nothing I could do. I can’t, I don’t really want to speak directly to events. I usually have reasoning for them, if not derived on my own at some point there is an obviousness to it.

It is somewhat unbelievable that so much trouble could come from one person. I have nothing to do with the South Pacific, Iraq, Africa, probably the entire southern hemisphere. There is no reason to think these are entirely events of chance.

At any rate it is not my intention to be like this. I would like to do good things. I am run into the ground because I do not “compete” well. I have difficulty with girls to begin with much less these problems. I’d go be a missionary in the jungle somewhere even.

I wish for these things to not happen – particularly the ones which involve myself. The reasoning I have come up with more often than not is my present status. I seek to resolve the issue. There is no reason for the issue to not be resolved is there? I am a fairly handsome young man who is smart, kind, generous, productive, very loving. I get older. I am fine with that. I wait on God and I do nothing else. I don’t know what to do. Where I should go to. It is different for me.

I am reluctant to meet priests because I know people and I know priests don’t deal with these things ordinarily – not that I’m looking for having me “dealt” with. In verbal conversations it can be long winded and confusing. I have had almost no success what so ever in this mannor.

God calls everyone to communion with Him in the Catholic Church. So definitely speak to a holy and gentle priest and pray about entering the Church. I’ll make it a point to pray for you as well. Perhaps if these experiences of yours are genuine, you are being called to save souls for Christ in a very special way. A way that will require great grace and resolve.

Peace be with you.

If I tell you that the holiest people were afflicted by the evil one then you should take courage in this. Jesus Himself was tempted and pursued by the evil one and so were many Saints, St Antony, St Padre Pio, St Teresa of Avila etc etc

You don’t need to worry, you have nothing to worry about.

Few people speak of this anymore and it is not good that they ignore what opposes God. Evil is real and active and will do many things to afflict those who are trying to seek truth.

You will find no peace in pursuing after these ‘prophecies’, you are only finding distress.

Go and see a Catholic Priest very near to where you are and he will be able to help you.

You will find truth and you will not always have to suffer this. Go to the Catholic Priest very near to you and you will be free of this.

In my prayers

After much thought, the moderation and administrative staff have decided not to allow solicitation on the forums of people with specific health concerns. While well-intentioned, it does create potentially serious problems which the posters have referenced above.

It is not possible for reliable support to be given in an open forum community. Any advice could, potentially, be dangerous. People experiencing specific health problems should seek a referral to a certified health professional.

Also, CAF simply does not have sufficient moderation and administrative resources at this time to closely monitor all such threads.

However, it is certainly legitimate to also seek spiritual help for dealing with health problems. Those in need of prayers and the like are encouraged to post in the Spirituality forum. Nevertheless, if such threads drift into medical advice, we will be forced to close them down.

This thread is now closed. Thanks to all who participated in the discussion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.