Help I'm obsessing over a boy and it's distracting me from God and my work!

Here’s my situation:

Ok, so there’s this guy I don’t really know him all that well but last April on the way back from a trip to NYC to see the pope we ended up holding hands and cuddling. The school year was ending and we never really communicated what exactly was going on between us over the summer. In the fall when we were back at school he said that he didn’t want a relationship at that time and that he didn’t really know me very well. I was able to accept that there would never be a relationship between us. This semester he is doing an internship so he’s not at school but he came back to visit and after I saw him at church we talked for while and hung out afterwords for a little while. This was really my first time hanging out with him if you don’t count NYC where we were with a group. He told me he’s coming back in a few weeks and said that he’d message me when he’s coming back and that we could see each other then. A week ago he sent me a message saying he wanted to drop a line and we’ve been messaging each other every night since, which he hadn’t really done much in the past unless I initiated it. I think he may possibly like me and it’s driving me nuts because I want to see him so bad and it’s distracting me so much! (I think he’s coming back this weekend). He’s a real nice guy.

Help! I need prayers! I also need prayers for my purity and his!

Marry him. Then you won’t be distracted anymore.

Holy Spirit please help our sister to wisdom and peace of mind and heart in praying for God’s will and blessings on this friendship. Help this relationship to develop in purity and genuine mutual love.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Really? HA…

Seriously, praying for you to calmly approach this freindship as God intends. Take Care and Peace Shana…

I’m serious.
Marriage is the proper end to such passion.
Are there no more Romeos and Juliets?
Are there no more Abelards and Heloises?

Ok Numinous, I agree…

Remember: Slow and steady wins the race. :smiley:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Sometimes slow and steady loses the boy.
I’ve seen many people blow it.

While you don’t necessarily have to marry him, you ought to splash cold reality on both of you by bringing it up. The question, “what are your intentions?” from you (and your father if possible) will separate who is serious from who is just playin’ around.

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you!

I agree with Numinous.

Where is the sense of romance and passion that leads to love? Where is the Juliet to propose to Romeo? (Which she does do in the play, you know!)

May St. Raphael lead you to your love.

Boy: Wouldst thou leave me so unsatisfied?

Girl: What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?

Boy: The exchange of thy love’s faithful vow for mine.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.