Help in discernment!

I am a high schooler thinking about becoming a nun, but I am trying to find different orders that would be right for me. There are many things that I am looking for so I am not sure if they can all be fulfilled in one community.

1. I would like to work with animals or be able to have a pet. (I’m not sure if this can be found anywhere.)

2. I want to start or be a part of a youth group.

3. I want to be able to still see my family.

4. I would like to be able to find a website for their order and a nun to email with.

I’m not sure how compatible they would be with your preferences, but the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are a wonderful order of Dominican nuns who operate primarily out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Most of them teach in school settings, so you would be able to work with youth. They are a very young order; I think the average age is around 26 or 27. You can find out about them on their website (sistersofmary.org), and I’m sure you can find an email for their vocation director or another sister who might be able to help you out with your discernment.

Good luck!

Thanks! I will check them out!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.