Help in finding titles of hymns

Does anyone know the titles to these hymns?

[LIST]
*]One has the same tune as Deutschlandlied, the German national anthem
*]The other incorporates the tune and lyrics of what is sometimes referred to as the "Old 100" or "Doxology"
[/LIST]
Thanks for any help!

The second would most likely be either "All Creatures of Our God and King" or "Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow." Really, however, any hymntext whose stanzas comprise four lines of eight syllables each, which is rather a lot of hymntexts, can be set to the Old 100th.

As to the other, whose tune is usually called "Austrian Hymn" when used in this context, I have never heard it in church but you might find that one of the texts listed here is the one you're thinking of.

[quote="MarkThompson, post:2, topic:295159"]
The second would most likely be either "All Creatures of Our God and King" or "Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow."

[/quote]

Yeah, that's the one! I always thought it had only one verse, as that's what I remember from childhood. When I head it at Mass I just assumed it must be a modified song. Most likely I never realised it was the same song, but with the extra verses sung..

[quote="MarkThompson, post:2, topic:295159"]
As to the other, whose tune is usually called "Austrian Hymn" when used in this context, I have never heard it in church but you might find that one of the texts listed here is the one you're thinking of.

[/quote]

Thanks for the link! The song I head in church was "Praise the Lord! Ye Heavens Adore Him".

If you can get your hands on a CBW III, there is a metrical index at the back that lists all the tunes and the matching hymns. It lists, for example, Ode to Joy, and gives the numbers of the hymns set to that tune "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee", for example. But it also lists all the other tunes that have the same meter and to which you could sing "Joyful, Joyful..." Here's a good explanation of the Metrical Index.
wordwisehymns.com/2010/02/27/about-that-metrical-index/

"Glorius Things of Thee are Spoken" is played to the Kaiserhymne.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.