Help me find this bible verse

I have tried online searches and I just can’t find it. I think I don’t have the words exactly right. I know it was from the old testament, and I am pretty sure it is in the deutercanonical books because I was a Protestant who converted and knew my bible pretty well and was really taken by this passage I found which was new to me. It is also possible it is in the book of Isaiah because I don’t know that very well, as it’s a little tough to follow. The passage ended in something like:

No thing which you have created do you despise.

I am trying to plan my funeral and I want to see if I can get it approved as a reading. I was really moved by this passage because it truly dripped God’s love and mercy. If the won’t approve it, I am at the very least putting it on the back of my headstone. I know I have that phrase a little off because searches won’t turn it up, but the meaning is there and it’s very close to that. I usually read the RSVCE so that’s likely where I saw it, but I also use The NAB so maybe I saw it there. I really have to find this out.

Don’t worry, I am not dying or anything. I am just in very poor shape for a guy my age and very overweight and I just want the plans made.

Might be this verse in Wisdom 11:24.

24For you love all things that are and loathe nothing that you have made;for you would not fashion what you hate.

I will look favorably upon you, making you fertile and multiplying your people. And I will fulfill my covenant with you. You will have such a surplus of crops that you will need to clear out the old grain to make room for the new harvest!
I will live among you, and I will not despise you.

???

I couldn’t find it.
biblehub.net/searchconcordance.php?q=Not+despise

Might it be a hymn?

The day of small things God will not
Despise, the least are unforgot;
An orphan’s offering, widow’s mite,
Are precious in their Maker’s sight.

I bet that’s it.

Mary.

BillTheSlink

Two more possibilities. The one from Job comes quite close:

Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked? ― Job 10:3

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. ― Psalm 51 (50), v. 17 (or 19).

Maybe this is it? It’s the very last line. (DR) “Psalm 137: [8] The Lord will repay for me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: O despise not the work of thy hands.”

Bill, I hope you live a long life. Jesus watch over Bill and his loved ones, and may he be with you on earth and in heaven.

Bill, it very well maybe the quote from Wisdom. I would look at Isaiah Chapter 45 it does not have your quote, but the quote sums up the chapter and perhaps you were reading and added that as you read.

God be with you.

closed #8

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.