Help me I need some advice for a friend.

I want to know why people complain about everything wrong in their lives. I have a friend who has been complaining to me about how she struggles to pay her house payments, how she struggles to pay for food and gas and her house is falling apart and she doesn’t have enough money to pay for the repairs. Every time I see her that is all she does is complain and telling me all her problems. I don’t know what to do. I am just listening to her problems and I don’t know how to tell her that everything will be okay. She says she believes in God and goes to Church regularly, but it doesn’t sound like it to me. Her tone of voice is sounds so discouraging and she never seems to be happy and makes me feel awful inside because I don’t like listening to her complain all the time I see her. I was reading some posts here and some people on the forum would say instead of complain say Thank you God for giving me the strength to work another day and that I have a job that help pay my house and Thank you God being here for me while I struggle paying all those bills. Everybody has tough times, but I realize complaining doesn’t make it better. I realize saying Thank you God for these struggles makes me feel better about everything because God will take care of me even through the tough times. I am asking for some advice and what I can do to handle this situation with my friend.

Thank you.
God Bless and Amen.

Joining you in prayer for your friend…
[LEFT]+

[/LEFT]
O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity.
O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.
O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.

Every time she brings up her problems, respond with “well, what’s your plan? How are you going to resolve this?” It’s easier to sort your life out when you have another person evaluating your ideas. At the very least, she’ll get tired of the asking and put a sock in it.

[SIGN] Welcome [/SIGN]

Unfortunately, we are not able to post advice on the Prayer Intentions Forums. I would encourage you to post about these kinds of topics in Family Life.

God Bless and will pray for you!

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your friend.

Sounds like she needs to be screened for depression.

Praying for your friend.

+1

Praying for her.

:slight_smile: Thank you for letting me know. I will post this topic in the Family Life Section. God Bless.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of thy Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
:signofcross:

There is a guy named Dave Ramsey.

He went bankrupt as a young married man.

And struggled to get back.

He did it.

And got asked to provide advice to others.

It works.

So, look up Dave Ramsey on the net.

There is also a thread or two here on CAF that discusses his advice.

Remembering you and your friend in my daily prayers. God bless.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Seems like she is hoping YOU will provide
some financial help!!

Remember, O gracious Virgin Mary,
that never has it been known that
anyone who has fled to you for pro-
tection, implored your help or sought
your intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to
you O Virgin of virgins, MY Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful, O Mother of the
Word Incarnate, despise NOT my
petitions but in your mercy hear and
answer me!!
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.