Help me I'm having an anxiety attack

Seriously...I'm shaking.

My Daughter goes to an onsite YMCA, and there is this counselor, a younger man, who paints his fingersnails. Ok. I can deal with that. I'm not a racist, or hateful, or anything like that - I understand my Daughter will see a lot of odd things, so the approach I take is to talk to her about it. Whenever she comes home talking about something she saw - we talk about it. My Brother wore black nail polish when he went thru an 'emo' stage in high school. He's married with a child now. I can deal with nail polish.

Well yesterday I go in to pick her up ((Its pajama day)) and this dude is wearing a SKIRT. I am not talking about some cultural skirt..like a kilt. Its a skirt.

I didn't say anything to him then and there at the time because people are so emotional about that kinda stuff, and I didn't want it to turn into a confrontation infront of all the kids...

So I call the Y headquarters, talk to someone and he says he'll have to talk to HR to find out what exactly, if anything, he can say about the situation that obviously has me freaked out.

I mean, whats next? A mini skirt and pumps? And I tried 'talking' to my Daughter about it and now she's to the point where she's like, 'Oh you should already know he's really girl Mom :rolleyes: "

:eek: Dude this is confusing kids! Little kids....kindergartners, mine is in first grade...this are small kids..and he tells them 'oh people can wear what they want' and 'boys can wear skirts or makeup, its just the outside' which I guess is true but I feel like this is a SET UP. It offends my sensiblities as a PARENT, as a CHRISTIAN..ughhhhhh....anxiety attack

So the Y calls me back and says that they have a gender neutral dress code, so, since girls can wear skirts, technically a man can so - tuff ****. I ask for a copy of this dress policy, so that I can find SOME sort of BOUNDARY. Some comfort in a LINE somewhere that can't be crossed, he says no because its an organization and that's company stuff or blah blah - I'm like dude its an organization MY CHILD attends I should have a RIGHT to know -where do MY rights as a concerned parent come in?? I mean, I respect his rights, but a child day care is not the place to be making a statement, right???

By the time I get to the daycare, he had called in to the onsite Director and informed her not to give me a copy of the dress code policy, and she basically said that if SHE FELT he had crossed any of the dress code policy rules he would be disciplined accordingly.

I am so upset right now. :nope:

Dear Charlote408,

Rather I consider this a situation worth addressing and a good investment of my time for the benefit of the world - first things first - I would immediately remove my child from there. I would not allow any adult with contrary moral understandings than mine to teach my child. That is a no, no. If you do, when the teenage years come - you will have problems and there after.

You are raising your kid not any one else nor society. It’s your child. You are responsible.

Find another daycare - immediately. Make the decision to do so and just relax and go for a walk with your child. End of story.

Remove her, do not take her back on Monday.

Why YMCA?

Please, if you can, try your best to get her in a Catholic school.

Yes, I am going to remove her. Its just going to be a little hard. The YMCA is onsite at her school, so after she gets out she can just walk over (its behind the cafeteria). I also have subsidized childcare, so, I can only go to places they say.

It might be an issue having to split my day to go and pick her up from school to see her off to a daycare - but I'm going to try to work it out. This whole thing just has me really creeped out. I mean, she's been there (and all the other kids) since K. From K-5. And the kids ask him questions, to which he replies with things that are completely offensive to me...At least redirect the kids you know???

There is all this concern for his rights, but no respect or regard for the parents right to drop of my kid with a clear conscience - I guess I just have the right to leave. Whatever. It just seems selfish to me. I respect his rights. I acknowledge mine. But I'm willing to put my BS to the side when it comes to little kids. I just don't understand why the three of us couldn't have sat down, talked it out - and come to a mutual understanding of some sort. Like, play at home work at work.

[quote="Abba, post:2, topic:233799"]
Make the decision to do so and just relax and go for a walk with your child. End of story.

[/quote]

Thank you Abba for recognizing I really was in a fit yesterday! LOL. :D Thank you very much for your advice, no one over here seems to agree with me and sometimes I need this site to vindicate my sanity.

[quote="Charlotte408, post:5, topic:233799"]
Thank you Abba for recognizing I really was in a fit yesterday! LOL. :D Thank you very much for your advice, no one over here seems to agree with me and sometimes I need this site to vindicate my sanity.

[/quote]

You are very sane, my friend, it is so hard NOT to be anxious in this world.

Our help is in the name of the Lord.......

Praying......Dana

[quote="Charlotte408, post:1, topic:233799"]
Seriously...I'm shaking.

My Daughter goes to an onsite YMCA, and there is this counselor, a younger man, who paints his fingersnails. Ok. I can deal with that. I'm not a racist, or hateful, or anything like that - I understand my Daughter will see a lot of odd things, so the approach I take is to talk to her about it. Whenever she comes home talking about something she saw - we talk about it. My Brother wore black nail polish when he went thru an 'emo' stage in high school. He's married with a child now. I can deal with nail polish.

Well yesterday I go in to pick her up ((Its pajama day)) and this dude is wearing a SKIRT. I am not talking about some cultural skirt..like a kilt. Its a skirt.

I didn't say anything to him then and there at the time because people are so emotional about that kinda stuff, and I didn't want it to turn into a confrontation infront of all the kids...

So I call the Y headquarters, talk to someone and he says he'll have to talk to HR to find out what exactly, if anything, he can say about the situation that obviously has me freaked out.

I mean, whats next? A mini skirt and pumps? And I tried 'talking' to my Daughter about it and now she's to the point where she's like, 'Oh you should already know he's really girl Mom :rolleyes: "

:eek: Dude this is confusing kids! Little kids....kindergartners, mine is in first grade...this are small kids..and he tells them 'oh people can wear what they want' and 'boys can wear skirts or makeup, its just the outside' which I guess is true but I feel like this is a SET UP. It offends my sensiblities as a PARENT, as a CHRISTIAN..ughhhhhh....anxiety attack

So the Y calls me back and says that they have a gender neutral dress code, so, since girls can wear skirts, technically a man can so - tuff ****. I ask for a copy of this dress policy, so that I can find SOME sort of BOUNDARY. Some comfort in a LINE somewhere that can't be crossed, he says no because its an organization and that's company stuff or blah blah - I'm like dude its an organization MY CHILD attends I should have a RIGHT to know -where do MY rights as a concerned parent come in?? I mean, I respect his rights, but a child day care is not the place to be making a statement, right???

By the time I get to the daycare, he had called in to the onsite Director and informed her not to give me a copy of the dress code policy, and she basically said that if SHE FELT he had crossed any of the dress code policy rules he would be disciplined accordingly.

[/quote]

Well, it's certainly not the Young Men's CHRISTIAN Association any longer, is it???

:eek:

Your daughter actually told you that this person IS a girl???? :eek:

Get her out of there pronto! You ARE in the right and if other parents aren't freaked out, then they are lost to the sinful culture we live in.

I also do not support kids wearing pajamas to school under any circumstances. I think those days must be endorsed by pedophiles. Get her out of there no matter what you have to do.

Prayers for you , your stress, your child and this awful situation.

I understand that you need to leave, but please consider this in order to try and help/save some of the other children.

Pleae ask what your school’s guidelines are for sex education and what the parent’s options are for “opting in” or “opting out”. It would appear that this individual is taking it on himself to educate the children about trans-gender, sex-changes, cross-dressing and the like.

Clearly this falls within the realm of sex education, and like any sex education program in schools it needs to have approval from the school board, principal and follow certain guidelines of the state board of education. A teacher, teacher’s aide, janitor or any school employee cannot just take it upon themselves to teach children about sexual matters without prior approval.

Even in an after-school program this should apply, I think not only is he violating the children’s innocence and the parent’s rights but this could easily violate the law.

Have you talked to any other parents who have their kids there to see what they believe about this? i have found with schools and such when one parent complains that parent is ofter ignored. If lots of parents complain, threaten to go over heads, threaten to take kids out then frequently you get a change,. Just a thought.

Agreed--I'l pull her out ASAP. And shame on that place and their total disrespect for others. I'm really tired of the PC garbage being shoved down our throats. God bless you for taking a stand! Perhaps one day reality will sink into the heads of the 'powers that be' there, but don't hold your breath. It's all about ME and how I want life these days--reality and contrary beliefs and opinions don't matter to such people.

[quote="Charlotte408, post:1, topic:233799"]
Seriously...I'm shaking.

[/quote]

You should be shaking. Your reaction is NORMAL.

But we live in a world gone mad, where good is evil, black is white. We celebrate sin and condemn Christianity.

Every sickness and perversion is paraded, defended, and placed on a pedestal, while 'normal' people are vilified and even prosecuted by courts that serve Moloch.

Protect your child at all costs!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.