Help me with confession please

Ive heard that things you consider sinful and you still do them are indeed sins, but ive also heard of others that can just be discarded as scrupples.

so i have this problem, long time ago i did something i tought it was sinful, now that i look at it i think i was just exagerating because later that i analized it I realiased that my fears were just that, but i dont know if i have to still confess it.

so in short i would like to know when do you sin even when the action would normally not be sinful and when its just the imagination.

A person struggles with scruples - what ought they do?

A person with scrupulosity --ought to have a* “regular confessor” who can direct them --and even give them some general principles* to follow -to apply (principles for them due to their particular scruples -they are usually not for those with a normal conscience).

Such ‘obedience’ to a regular confessor who knows of ones scruples (except in what is manifest sin - such as if he told them it was ok to murder someone or something certain like that) is key. Such is the age old practice. He can direct one best.

Here was a recent post from Jimmy Akin of CA that I saw in the Register and saved for those who struggle with such.

ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/6-tools-for-the-scrupulous

Mention it to your regular confessor the next time you go. :shrug: that seems simple enough.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.