help OCD bad

Please help me i dont know what to do
I have OCD ( Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ) and i keep changing my faith from Christian( Catholic) pagan to Muslim to Christian to Muslim and now i feel am Christian

I think the reason why am changing my mind so much is because of the OCD
i obses with religions i become that religion i look more and more into it and then after a while i see that its not the true me and i go back to being Christian my husband says i should just believe in all religion a mix of religions my own faith
My husband isnt Christian he is nothing he celebrates Christmas because his family does
One of the reasons why am reluctant to fallow Christianity is because i was abused by a priest when i was younger i had Therapy but it was only 7 sessions and you cant ask for more
But because i have OCD am seeing a Therapist in 6 months time ( NHS ) I cant see anyone sooner ( eg non NHS ) as i cant afford to because i am on benefits because am on disability because of my other mental health problems

Please pray for me i feel so lost
I also hear voices that tell me i must choose between one voice saying Islam and another voice saying Christianity
They also tell me to cut myself and that i must die
Am on medication for the voices but the medication dont always work
my psychiatrist say i may always hear the voices and i have to find way of coping with them
Like going to a hearing voices group i told them whats going on they where supportive and believed like my husband that i should fallow my own faith

Are you taking your medication as prescribed? It is very important that you take them EVERY DAY at the same time of day and do NOT skip a dose. This can make your condition much worse. Maybe your dose needs to be changed and/or you need to combine this with another drug. Please go to the nearest emergency room and their psychiatrist on staff will get you to feeling much better instantly. Then follow up again with your current doctor as soon as possible to get your meds under control. I will be praying for you.

Am taking them every day twice a day under drs orders
the psychiatrist said no matter how much medication i take i may always hear them
and that i should find other ways of dealing with them like the hearing voices group like music and distractions

Am just so tired of this …i breakdown most of the time and do what the voices tell me to do
My husband says i should try and ignore them but its hard
Thank you for your prayers

hi, sorry to hear of your difficulties, i will be praying for you.

i get the sense that you ultimately know that christianity is true. don’t let other people’s opinions convince you otherwise. i do not have the same problems as you but i have suffered from extreme doubts in my faith and i understand what you are saying to a certain extent. it’s like the devil gets a hold of your mind is is just pulling you in all kinds of directions. eventually, i stopped, slowed down and offered it all up to god. perhaps oyou could try that? he understands everything you are going through. also reading thebible may help as well as prayer. god bless

I will pray for intercession from St. Dymphna, patron of mental health.

Have you spoken to a professional and licensed counselor or psychologist for some behavioral therapy to help deal with your OCD? That is a must. Of course being a Christian and/or Catholic is a must as well, but OCD is a type of sickness that requires treatment from a professional. Prayer will help, but you have to also take steps to help yourself by seeking treatment. Use the steps you get in treatment to help you overcome this, along with prayer. Try googling behavior modification therapy for ocd and see what you can come up with

Perhaps it will help if you go to a Catholic therapist. There is an association of them that can be looked up to see if there is one near you. They have a background in their faith that enables them to treat the whole person.

A priest in a healing ministry may be able to help also.

I am sorry to hear about your abuse. I will pray for you.

In Nervous or Emotional Distress

I turn to you, dear virgin and martyr, confident of your power with God and of your
willingness to take my cause into your hands. I praise and bless the Lord for giving
you to us as patron of the nervous and emotionally disturbed. I firmly hope that
through your kind intercession He will restore my lost serenity and peace of mind.
May He speak to my heart and reassure me: “My peace I give you. Let not your heart
be troubled nor let it be afraid.” Pray for me, dear St. Dymphna, that my nervous
and emotional turmoil may cease, and that I may again know serenity and personal
peace.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers
Am going to get in contact with a friend of mine who is a minster ( works for the NHS for mental health pastoral care ) and am going to talk to him about this .

Praying hard to St Dymphna.

thank you i will

God help this soul who has OCD and probably scrupulosity as well and help heal him physically and spiritually as well

Please check out this group and website
forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=454
mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupanon.htm

:gopray:
Our Father Who Art In Heaven
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom Come Thy Will Be Done
On Earth As It Is On Heaven
Give Us Today Our Daily Bread
Forgive Us Our Trespasses
As We Forgive Those Who Trespass Against Us
Lead Us Not Into Temptation
But Deliver Us From Evil
Amen

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord Is With Thee
Blessed Art Thou Amongst Woman
And Blessed Is The Fruit Of Thy Womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother Of God
Pray For Us Sinners
Now And In The Hour Of Our Death
Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen
:gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.