Help on gay issue

Dont know if u heard about the issue going in N.Ireland about comments made by a leader politican,

the SDLP tried to get him to apoligise for it and i found this reply on a forum, now it is cleary a protestant view, probs Free P, and i as a catholic although dnt think its natural i think we should respect gays, anyway can some1 help me do a reply to this person here! i think this view is totally against what it means to be Chrisitian!! or maybe im wrong!

To ignore that homosexuality can harm society is not commendable.

For an Aids ridden homosexual to deliberately infect someone else with Aids is a crime, punishable by a jail sentence for attempted murder.

That harms other people in society.

People who do not have Aids do not get jailed for attempted murder, when they have sex with somebody.

Everyone knows that homosexuals were the first ‘group’ of people to get Aids.

It was even written by Jesus’s disciple Paul in the New Testament that homosexuals, in themselves, get the due punishment that they deserve. That is Aids.

God brought Aids into the world to punish homosexuality.

The Old Testament is full of words that clearly prove that God finds sodomites repulsive. So if you intend to punish Ian Paisley Junior for saying that he finds homosexuals repulsive, then you are also saying that - in your fallible judgement - the infallible God Himself is wrong to be repulsed at homosexuality. I don’t think that SDLP MLA Dolores Kelly - are in a high enough position to negatively judge the Creator of the Universe.

No way should Ian Paisley Junior apologise for sharing God’s opinion that homosexuals are repulsive.

What is the question?

well id just like some1 to help me point out that God doesnt punish anyone, that aids wasnt sent to kill all gays and just in general say that the comments of “Gays harm the community” is wrong and shouldnt be a held view

put in a way that a protestant can argue with!

Yes,

It is hard to see what the questions is… Did this Ian character, was he attacking an aids-infected gay that had deliberately infected someone? We need more background to see what this Ian Paisley character said.

Thanks,

E.C.

sorry, was trying to find the comments he made but they are now buried in anti protest

basically he said that Gays are danger to Society and that he is replused by the very idea of them

"I am, unsurprisingly, a straight person.

"I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong. I think that those people harm themselves and - without caring about it - harm society.

“That doesn’t mean to say that I hate them. I mean, I hate what they do.”

CCC 2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God’s will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord’s Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

If that is what he said, he should probably apologize for not clarifying that he must be speaking of “proud” active homosexuals and lesbians. THe type that will parade around with pride that they are homosexuals or lesbians and that they have the right to have sex whenever and wherever they want. IF he clarifies that that is what he meant then, I think, there is nothing else for him to apologize about.

Many blessings,

E.C.

well its not his comments im worried about its that person post and rely

that aids is a punishment! jesus hates gays!

i think that is an extremly sick view! makes me glad im a catholic!

Ohh yes… that is wrong…

Since when Jesus hates SINNERS??? on the contrary, the Word of God shows that Jesus loves sinners very much to the point that he died for them… and he longs that they may come home some day…

Many blessings,

E.C.

Grace & Peace!

Malachy, the logic of the poster you’re discussing is severely flawed on a number of counts.

1–If AIDS is what is referred to by Paul in Romans, it would be interesting to see what historical evidence there is for an AIDS epidemic in ancient Rome that would have led Paul to cryptically refer to AIDS in such a way in this passage. A better interpretation would be to see Paul discussing being a libertine as its own punishment–when we sin, we become our own punishment. How? Because in sin, we distance ourselves from God. Is there a worse punishment?

2–If AIDS is a punishment from God on homosexuals, is he also angry with black women generally (who represent a very high risk group)? Or are they just caught in the cross-fire? Or are HIV+ bisexual men a punishment from God on black women? Was AIDS also a punishment on my heterosexual uncle who contracted HIV from a bad blood infusion in the late '70s? Or was he, too, just caught in the crossfire.

3–The idea that Jesus hates gay people is, as others have mentioned, contrary to the gospel message.

This person who wrote what you originally quote, Malachy, is simply quite delusional.

Under the Mercy,
Mark

Deo Gratias!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.