Help please with "conflicting" Bible verses

Jesus says this in Mt 21:31
Which of the two did the will of his father?" They said to Him, “The first.” Jesus said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you.

Paul says this in 1 Cor 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

Since Harlots are fornicators how can they both “enter the kingom” before the Pharasees AND be barred as unrightious.

These seem mutually exlusive.

Any help is appreciated.

Peace
James

All Scripture needs to be read in full context. This is what I believe on these:

The first passage from Matthew tells a parable basically saying there are people who do wrong(tax collectors, etc), but later see the Light and come to Christ. Then there are others who say they believe, but through actions, etc. end up not really living in Gods word, therefore they won’t enter the kingdom.

The second passage is talking about something completely different. There are fornicators, idolators, etc that never believe, never try to live in righteousness so they will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven.

I agree with 777

It is important to remember some of the Harlots may not be Harlots of choice; they may not know a better way or suffer an addiction. Thus they may have great intention but allow mental weakness to run their lives. This is in contrast to the Pharisee or over zealot Christian who can do as they chose and yet choose to degrade their fellow man. For examples consider the widow with 5 children who resorts to prostitution to feed her children verses the Pharisee who accepts tithe and tells the givers the tithe is lacking by god’s standards.

Jesus is telling the self-righteous Pharisees, who did not believe that they needed a Savior, that repentant sinners would enter Heaven before they did.

Paul is writing to a Church at Corinth that was in deep trouble in part because there were people who believed that, vecause they’d been saved, it didn’t matter what sins they committed.

Context is important . . .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.