Help Please!

Okay I need help, my brother and I play this game where you can trade furniture with each other and trade and play games and that. I gave him all my furniture saying he needed it for a wrestling ring. Instead he has started to scam people via a game where you pay furniture to survive and then if they win he doesn’t give a prize. Most I not all furniture cost real life money and he’s taking there furniture without giving the prize. I didn’t think he would do this and I’m worried. Is this a bit of stealing? Help.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Confront him about it.

If that doesn’t work, take two or three more with you and confront him about it.

But seriously, have you confronted him about it and showed to him why it is wrong? If it does involve real money, then it is wrong.

I told him abou it and that its morally wrong but he says its just little pictures on a screen and it doesn’t mean anything. You can get it without real life money but in most case it’s like 50 coins for $10 in real life. I keep telling him it stealing but he doesn’t honestly care. Now e wants me to join yet I don’t want to, problem is I gave him everything and he won’t give it back for membership.

I have to admit that I really don’t understand what’s going on. The description of things is a bit confusing. A game where you trade furniture? Hm. These browser games are getting more and more complex. :thumbsup:

If you and your brother live together under the same roof as your parents, then the first step – whatever the problem – is to go to them. If you’re both grown and live apart, then is your brother a practicing Catholic who’s even concerned about morality?

Those would be my first two thoughts, I’m sure others will contribute more once you’ve addressed these basic issues which may very well be on their minds, too.

I told my parents and they don’t exactly think its stealing as much. It’s more betting on furniture they said.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.