Help save Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I wanted to forward an interesting article I read on my local on-line newsletter. Please read the comments. One person - Mark Matthews made some great points. If I can help contact your local town leaders or stores to help save Christmas let me know:
yorktown-somers.patch.com/articles/first-annual-holiday-lights-parade-draws-hundreds#photo-12420591

The Knights of Columbus here hands out little buttons for people to wear that says “It’s OK to wish me Merry Christmas”. People wear these buttons and whenever somebody in a department store says “happy holidays”, etc… you can point to the button and say “you can wish me Merry Christmas”! :slight_smile:

This might be a simple way for Catholics to make a positive difference this season against the increasing tides of anti-christianity! :slight_smile:

On a related note, catholics don’. t wish each other merry Christmas…until Christmas. It is advent. this is a time of somber anticipation for our Lords birth. Rather than whining about the secular world trying to be politically correct, we should make sure we don’t forget what the current season is. Not Christmas. Advent.

Thank you, MidnightSun. Great idea!
KLJM - I liked this persons comments about the nativity scene and yes it’s advent so the child Jesus would not be placed in the manger until Christmas. But, you also seem willing to turn the other way on the issue he is talking about. Am I misunderstanding?

I just can’t get to worked up about someone saying happy holidays. I say Merry Christmas to everyone else I know they aren’t Christian. But it isn’t Christmas until dec 24. So in the meantime wish your catholic friends a blessed advent! :slight_smile:

I like the idea of saying Blessed Advent and you’re right Christmas isn’t until Dec 24th, I just wonder even as Catholics do we continue saying Merry Christmas after Dec 25th, when we should be continuing to say it. For at least 12 days.:shrug:

Appropriate for Catholic News or Back Fence

CLOSED

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.