Help w/husband's conversion

I'd like to know what books there are that I could read that gives suggestions on ideas of things I could do to help my husband with his conversion besides my daily example of living in Christ. I pray for him always, invite him to church and try to teach him about the faith but to no avail. I know it has to be his time and God will take him when He knows he's ready. I also would like to ask for prayers to be said for him. His name is Terry.
A Cajun Christian,
Michelle:)

My prayers are with you and Terry. It would help is we know what his "beliefs" are, religion? But like you stated, God will call him when he's ready. Try not to be too pushy, but keep inviting him to come to mass with you every once in a while. Yea, I know, it sounds contradicting.:)

Read 'Rome Sweet Home' with him, i'm currently reading it now, it is a brilliant book, its by Scott and Kimberley Hahn, its about there conversion to Roman Catholicism (mainly Scott Hahn's from what I've read so far) i would definitely recommend him reading it

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Praying for your husband Terry to have a desire to convert ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am praying for you and your hubby.

Finding a book about someone’s conversion story with a starting point that is similar to your huusband’s would be a good idea (as an earlier poster asked). Try reading the book while in his company and let the questions come.

“I caught him, with an unseen hook and an invisible line which is long enough to let him wander to the ends of the world, and still to bring him back with a twitch upon the thread.”

Conversion stories are great ways to converse or have something to focus on positively.

Some of my post RCIA discoveries here:

payingattentiontothesky.com/2009/06/22/called-to-holiness/

And a great conversion story here:

payingattentiontothesky.com/2009/07/30/conversion-stories-my-bright-abyss/

dj

i second teh advice you have received.....

truly the advice given to the early Christians is only "perhaps by your example will the unbelieving spouse be brought to faith"
it doesnt guarantee it... it says "perhaps" and "you never know..."

but "gentle words win friends" and "honey is sweeter than vinegar" so just try to be patient and pray

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.