Help With Apologetics Book/Resource Suggestion

I’m looking for a book or resource to give to somebody who is elderly and ill to make one last effort to convert him to Christianity and Catholicism.

Some background on him that may or may not be helpful:
He’s not sure if he’s ever been baptized. He fairly anti-Catholic mostly because he’s been around many many Catholics who haven’t lived their faith properly and who have been hypocrites- from extended family members to politicians. He thinks the Catholic Church is full of “man made” rules and doctrine. He himself has made some really big legal/moral mistakes in his life that probably weigh on him. He politically conservative and a veteran,which are both very important to him.
He’s fairly intelligent, but this is not a topic that he’s got much context with, so something that’s not overly complex would probably be better, although I’m open to all suggestions.

Prayers accepted too!

Thank you.

Maybe “Surprised by Truth” by Patrick Madrid.

Has he ever sat down and read the Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke and John before? if not, I believe that would be the best starting place.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

How about “Catholicism and Fundamentalism” by Karl Keating?

It touches upon all the basic misunderstandings and biases that Protestants have about Catholics.

If he is not even a Christian, I would give him Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

I would suggest “A minute in the Church” booklets, volumes 1 and 2 by Gus Lloyd. At 5 bucks each, short and to the point, they are well worth it.

The Gospel of John

I would also suggest “The death camp proved him real. The life of St. Maximilian Kolbe.” By Maria Winowska. It was intentionaly written for a person that fits the same description as the man you are describing in order to hopefully convert him by the example of this great saint.

It’s been years since I read it, and it’s not by a Catholic, but Frank Morison’s “Who Moved the Stone?” is, if I recall, wonderful about the Resurrection.

I’d also suggest the audio of Fulton J. Sheen’s “Life Is Worth Living”, which is frequently re-broadcast on both EWTN tv and radio affiliates.

Thank you all for your great suggestions. I have ordered a few of the books and am reading about some others that I’m considering ordering.

a 29 page booklet called "pillar of fire and pillar of truth. Can be downloaded from
www.catholic.com . The Catholic Church: Your Guide to the Truth

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.