Help with apologetics documentation

I’m having trouble tracking down the sources for some statistics I read over the last year, which I would like to use in some presentations I am preparing.

For one, I know there has been a lot of hype about some “major study” that proves the healing effect of prayer. The problem with this, of course, is that the simple placebo effect of knowing others are praying for you would account for that. However, I read a take on this study that stated that neither the experimental group nor the control group knew that the variable of prayer was being used, yet the experimental group still showed improved healing. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

ALSO, I am trying to find an article or source I read that stated that, when just the mother is involved in her faith, a very low percentage of children grow up to be “active” in their faith lives. However, when the father is active in his faith, whether or not the mother is, that percentage is substantially higher. Anyone else read this? It sounds sort of Reader’s Digest like, but I’m not sure.

bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/323/7327/1450
archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/159/19/2273

Various articles, both pro and con:
answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=72734

Hope that helps.

God Bless,
RyanL

Thanks Ryan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.