Help with Bible verses-urgent

guys, I am in a discussion over the internet with a seventh day adventist right now.

I am looking at Timothy around chapter 2 and 3, where Paul talks about married Bishops and deacons and how they should have their own family etc.

How do I properly explain these verses in context, he seems to be saying it weakens the Catholic position. Any help on this would be great. But please hurry, he is waiting for a response.

THanks
Andrew.

If this is the verses I think you are talking about theses should help.
catholic.com/thisrock/1994/9403chap.asp
catholic.com/library/Celibacy_and_the_Priesthood.asp

yes they help a lot, thank you very much.

It covers the verses I was talking about, and even goes further because I am also having discussion with a jehovahs witness, and I think these may help one of the charges he laid forth.

Andrew

Yes, That is an old argument. Funny thing is I know a SDA pastor that is single (“must be married” laugh do you scince a little hypocrasy).
I love those types of attacks. They are so superfical. Rather fun to dismantle. winks and smiles Have fun but, not to much.

[quote=ak29]guys, I am in a discussion over the internet with a seventh day adventist right now.

I am looking at Timothy around chapter 2 and 3, where Paul talks about married Bishops and deacons and how they should have their own family etc.

How do I properly explain these verses in context, he seems to be saying it weakens the Catholic position. Any help on this would be great. But please hurry, he is waiting for a response.

THanks
Andrew.
[/quote]

Check this thread out. :thumbsup:

Again, thanks for the link

All this is very helpful

Thanks,
Andrew.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.