Help with Holy trinity

Hi him doing the jornery of faith but struggling with the holy trinity if there are one why dose it say Jesus on the right hand of God . and only through Jesus can you get to the father if they are one why would this matter

You may find this helpful.

2 Likes

Great thank you i tried YouTube none explained it well this did thank you

2 Likes

Thank you. That is the most :heart_eyes::star_struck:_ (fill in the blank) explanation of the Trinity that I’ve ever received. I noticed Bishop Barron has more videos on the Trinity and intend to listen to every one. Again - thank you. (I am a novice in the secular Discalced Carmelites and I chose for my name Juanita of the Most Holy Trinity).

1 Like

The bishop indicates that the Son is the image of the Father. How does that differ from Hinduism which says that Krishna is the avatar of the Father Vishnu? And why in Christianity is there only one image of the Father? In Hinduism there are several avatars of the Father Vishnu.
The bishop uses the analogy of the seed becoming the image of the original plant. But the original plant can have many seeds which are images of itself. Just as in Hinduism where the Lord Vishnu has several avatars of itself.

I have found, as have many who are far more qualified than I, that there are commonalities between a wide variety of religious beliefs, from Hinduism to ancient Greek and Egyptian customs. In some cases Christianity has borrowed the best of them, in others it is utterly unique. This need not negate or gainsay any of them. For me it is just a sampling of how the ideas of the divine have a common source. But I’m neither a theologian nor a Catholic and can comment with very little authority. The video I found was for the benefit of the one asking the question. It does not necessarily reflect my own understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.