Help with Sin

Hello, I have this issue that has been burning a hole in the back of my mind.

If I sin does that mean I have no love toward God? I ask this because when in sin my religious will seems to drain, I stop praying because of the hollow feeling I get and find myself making excuses to not attend Sunday Mass.

Not only that but going to confession is a nerve-racking experience because I feel like because I have this pattern of the same group of sins that I never learned from before and so all my future confessions are just void due to my own coldness…

Can someone please prove my fallacy wrong? Inside I know what I’m saying is wrong but it’s impossible to convince myself of this.

A little guilt never hurt, but don’t beat yourself up over this. Don’t ever let your sins punish you for a certain amount of time. Learning from your mistakes helps you overcome such stressful shame, and when you get through the (usually quick and painless) process of forgiving yourself, others can forgive you.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

well sin does take you away from God and when you confess you must be very sorry for that sin no matter how small. However God is not angry he is just disappointed in you. Just like your mother is when you do something wrong she will still love you but she will feel better if you are trully sorry for what you did no matter how small. the fear of of offending or losing God should be the priority. and with that fear you will never sin again. but that is tough and i am trying to live that everyday and i am very happy knowning God is with me and recieving his love so i can show his love to others.

I think your being a bit hard on yourself. All humans sin,isn’t it from the moment we are born? Jesus was a man after all. I can’t speak for you but I think Jesus was just as man as anybody else, with feelings and temptations, anger, lust, jealousy you name it. I just think he was enlightened about what you could be but he had to overcome his human desires and feelings to be this part man part god figure but those feelings were still there, suppressed but still there.

“Have you not sometimes loved the Lord? Do you not love God now? Do you not long to love God forever? Therefore, do not fear! Even conceded that you had committed all the sins of this world, Jesus repeats to you: Many sins are forgiven you because you have loved much!” (Saint P. Pio)

You show your love for God even just by posting this thread.
Love isn’t just feelings, in fact it is, above all, choices.

If you’ve stopped praying etc it’s because you need more of the gift of hope, and of the sense of yourself as loved child of God.

The following was one of my own attempts to address with God whatever love I don’t have for God, and whatever praise I can’t give Him

God, love and glorify Yourself in us

God, how can I fulfil Your commandments to others and to love and worship God above all?

Unlike holy souls who effuse great joy and praise, my attempts to love and worship You seem very poor. I am child of a scientific and empirical era in a world of physical realities and challenges. I desire faith in Your loving action in temporal affairs even where it is hidden. I desire to praise and love in whatever way You desire, however little understanding I have of Your ways and truth, and however little I seem to love You.

It seems to me that loving You is about choices. Jesus witnessed that our salvation depends upon love and service of God in other persons. He proclaimed that, “Whatever you do for even the least of my little ones, you do for Me” who am God. Therefore, we love and worship You in our care of others.

You command that we love others enough to strive even unto death of something of ourselves for their welfare, as Jesus did. I ask You to love others wholeheartedly in my thoughts, prayers, my words and actions. Please bring about blessings for them even in my worst failures to witness Your love. Please develop my trust in Your loving action in temporal affairs even where it remains hidden.

We glorify You in the Eucharist, that summit of worship, petition, and thanksgiving, God’s own offering and fulfilment through Son and Spirit, with the whole Body of Christ. We worship You in the Eucharist as individuals, yet as brothers and sisters of the community. Let me, let us, thus love and worship You in communion.

Blessed be Jesus, who gives us redemption and Eucharist. Blessed be the Spirit who channels His Gift, and gives us creative ways to praise and love God. Blessed be God who is able to give Yourself the honour and praise that we desire to give You.

God alone can appreciate the depths of God, therefore love and delight Yourself in us so that we truly love You. I ask that whatever my activity or state of mind, You will love and adore Yourself in me, our God. Delight Yourself within me in every moment of my existence. This is possible to You for whom “nothing is impossible.” [Genesis 8:14]

“Have mercy on me, O God in Your goodness,
in Your great tenderness, wipe away my faults;
wash me clean of my guilt,
purify me from my sin.

For I am well aware of my faults,
I have my sin constantly in mind,
having sinned against none other than You,
having done what You regard as wrong.

You are just when You pass sentence on me,
blameless when You give judgement.
You know I was born guilty,
a sinner from the moment of conception.

Yet since You love sincerity of heart,
teach me the secrets of wisdom.
Purify me with hyssop until I am clean;
wash me until I am whiter than snow.

Instil some joy and gladness into me,
let the bones You have rushed rejoice again.
Hide Your face from me sins,
wipe out all my guilt.

Be my saviour again, renew my joy,
keep my spirit steady and willing;
and I shall teach transgressors the way to You,
and sinners will return.

Save me from death, God my saviour,
and my tongue will acclaim Your righteousness;
Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will speak out Your praise.

Sacrifice gives You no pleasure,
were I to offer holocaust, You would not have it.
My sacrifice is this broken spirit,
You will not scorn this crushed and broken heart
.” (Psalm 51)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.