Help with this stuff

well, i gotta admit that sometime ago i was into some occult stuff. it was not like i joined a cult or something, everything was personal. at the end i began droping everything from that, since it caused me great pain. with the last part of that was believeing in psychic powers such as telepathy and stuff, (everything as something internal of mankind, without the aid of external factors or spirits)

but now, I began thinking about that and fearing that i might have gotten some items cursed or smething like that by my beliefs. I’m not saying this because i have seen something weird around(at least nothing i could be 100% sure it is of supernatural origins and could not say it comes from those stuff). just the fear. so i kinda become worried about this, and began looking if images i had in the Computer, emails and stuff where made with that in mind (like using a nick because i tought i was something or would like to become something). like i told you i never joined groups or anything, so as far as I remember i never bought an item like an amulet and stuff, the images and stuff are pretty much normal stuff you’ll find on a common house, and I don’t recall ever doing anything like using a ritual to give them any special property (altough sometimes maybe out of the fear I began that i could have, but really not sure if actually happened or how it happened if I did)

so my question is, do you think it would be good for me to just move on, I think im just diggin up in the past and just scaring myself, and damaging myself. so i ask for your opinion, if it is worth to continue thinking about that, or just move on, never do something like that and live my life normally, like i told you some of those stuff are some years old and I cant recall properly, and if you think about meaning for me pretty much all of them have changed if they had a diferent one in the past, i don’t fear coming back to those beliefs, I was hurt by them so much that I dont really find that attractive anymore. and yes I could just erase everything and toss away stuff, but well, like i the email and stuff, I would have to work and stuff to move everything out of it, and really would not like tounless it is necesary. besides im not sure what was i really thinking when i made them, so i dont even know if i made them with wrong intentions and stuff.

Just move on and be grateful that the Lord has called you back to His House.

ANDDDD most importantly:

GO TO CONFESSION and rid yourself of this past.

I would recommend that you speak with a priest in the context of the Sacrament of Reconciliation about this issue. If you continue to have concerns, contact your diocese to see if they have a priest who is trained as an exorcist. Most likely, the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be all that is needed. Also, the St. Benedict medal has a prayer of exorcism on it.

Here is a prayer for protection recommended by my spiritual director, Father Santan Pinto, S.O.L.T. :
Prayer for Protection to the Precious Blood of Jesus
Lord JESUS, by faith in your merits, I now take your precious blood and sprinkle it over myself and my family right from the crown of my head to the very soles of my feet. Lord JESUS, keep me free today from evil, sin, temptation, Satan’s attacks and applications, fear of darkness, fear of man, sickness, diseases, doubts, anger, all calamities and from all that is not of thy Kingdom.
Fill me Lord JESUS with gift of your Holy SPIRIT and grant me the gifts of wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discernment so that I will live today in your glory by doing that which is right.
I praise you, Jesus
I Thank you, Jesus
I Love you, Jesus
I Adore you, Jesus
Amen

^This. If you have any old artifacts or anything associated with your past, throw it out. If it’s files on your computer, get your harddrive wiped.

Ask a priest to come over and give a house blessing. If there was a particular area of your house where you would perform rituals, ask the priest to pay particular attention to that place. Maybe pray the rosary there once a day to atone?

If you continue to struggle with temptation to return to your life, seek help from a priest. Get a spiritual director.

Of course, go to confession. And do so regularly. And pray often!!

You weren’t specific as to what items that were occult that you were using.
If you have any of these, burn them, and throw the ashes in the trash.

If you have any info of occult letters or pictures on the drive of your computer, destroy the files. Erasing them does not destroy them. Erasing them merely makes them inaccessable but they are still there. To destroy them, they must be written over.

Get some holy water in a bottle and sprinkle every room in your house while asking Mary and St. Michael to protect your home. The prayer can be said in your own words.

Put a holy card or picture in every room of your house.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

thanks for all your answers. like i told, this beliefs were kinda some time ago, so yeah I’ve had confessed and time has happened since that. the last idea that i dismissed was in early september of this year. the believing in such things like psychic powers like telekinesis, and not really sure if this was opposite to the Church, because i saw those as just the power of mind, no external forces included. and it would be possible to be proven by science. I left that because i tought it would be safer to just dismiss the idea, just in case. and if those happen to be true the science will tell us.

well i gotta say I dont have temptations to return to that life, it was horrible specially at the end, I went trough some very hard times, and Im pretty grateful to God that he released me from that.

and well, the hard stuff for me is that im not sure about the stuff, for example if i had been like in the new age stuff, i would knew the stuff i would have to get ridden of. for example amulets, buddas, crystal and stuff. but my main problem is that If i recall correctly i did not bought stuff like saying “this is going to give me power or something”. and exactly that is the problem, I dont recall about stuff so much, since some of this stuff im talking about are some years old, and really do not remember well what was the thinking when I got them. I cant even recall what did i believe at the moment i got them.

So mainly the problem is that i got stuff involved into that, not that i got stuff specially for that.

I think a good example of what the E-mail stuff situation would be like lets say there is a girl that believes she is an actual angel and makes an email like angelgirl, then she realises she was wrong, that she is human and to her it now means something diferent, like she sees it as that she wants to be good, or something like that.

well that is kinda my case. just add the fact that im not sure even if i had some kind of occult or just mistaken idea at the moment of making it, or even if i had, that it had been the reason i made it. so that is pretty much the dilema, the not knowing if i really got certain stuff involved, and to what degree did I.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.