Help?

Hello, My name is Billy Sweeney, you may have allready met me or heard a bit about my situation. I have been blessed with gifts and abilities. In the past, I would have said, (“I beleive I have been blessed…”. But I know now that I am truely blessed. I am able to comunicate with “spirits” that have passed on, I can talk with Saint Padre Pio and a host of Heavenly Figures, I can speak with my guardian angels, and feel their presence. Besides these comunication abilities, there are others, I can read peoples hearts, I can feel their emotions, greif, sorrow, guilt, frustration, and pain. Somtimes I may be able to put a situation with the emotion, and I may know why a person is feeling guilty or bad. This gift is very hard for me. It is as if the feelings are my own. Along with these gifts, I have also gained knowldge I have never attained, not only book knowldge, but knowldge of life, illnesses pregnanceys, etc… I can hear the laughing allready. Beleive me I was the first to laugh. For years I thought I was crazy. Not any more, there have been too many validations, too many witnesses. Not only family, but friends, strangers, ladys from my prayer groop, etc… I am also a pretty normal person, 37, male, husband, father of two young children, house on a corner, white picket fence, and a dog. I am employed as an electrician in the building trades and make an average to above average salary. I was born and raised a Irish Roman Catholic, and only recently have become devout. I never asked for this, and in the past considered my situation a curse more than a gift. My questions are. Why me? Is there anyone else outhere who can discuss their situation with me? Do you think I’m crazy? The big one. Should I discuss this with a priest? Because I plan on doing this tomorrow night. And also if you have any questions, please ask. There is no way I could fully describe this in a short letter as such. Please excuse my spelling, grammer and puncuation. Thankyou Billy Sweeney

Okaaaaaaayyyy…

I would like to believe you, but you know how it is.

When you communicate with Padre Pio, what does he tell you?

Beginning in 1 Cor 12:1, St. Paul tells us that spiritual gifts are given for the benefit of the Church.

In Luke 12:48, Jesus said, “Every one to whom much is given, of him will much be required; and of him to whom men commit much they will demand the more.”

Sounds to me like you could use the help of a good spiritual director. Perhaps your local priest could suggest someone.

Billy -

I hope that you followed your instincts and spoke with a priest, and agree with the previous comment that you should have a spiritual director. As to whether I believe you or not, I believe the words of Jesus that “all things are possible with God.” I will pray for you today, and may God bless you.

Chuck

Billy,
just to give your mind some peace, I recall many of Gods servants being a little reluctant to accept their gift. Read the stories of Noah, Moses, Job, to name a few. I completely agree with the others who recommend a spiritual advisor. You should guard against mis-using your gift. My prayers are with you. God Bless you. Tom

all spiritual gifts should be discerned by, with and through the Church founded by Jesus Christ and guided by the Holy Spirit. Definitely bring this to your priest. That is what all the saints did who were blessed with (or puzzled by) spiritual gifts.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.