Help

Pls pray for my family/friends. Priest thinks we may be under some sort of curse - 3 died right before Christmas, then I had cancer surgery right before Christmas, then my much loved cat right before Christmas, and now my best friend is having chemo for pancreatic cancer… I believe it is my fault. Grateful for any prayers.

Prayers promised for all

This may very well be a test provided by the Lord, or demanded by the evil one and allowed by the Lord, to determine how steadfast you remain in the faith. Go and confess any sin you have and be reconciled to the Lord. Ask for strength and it will be given you. I suspect the evil one is trying to lead you away form the faith, weakening you. Read the book of Job for strength and inspiration.

Merciful Father in Heaven, look with immense compassion upon sskelly, shedding Your Divine mercy upon this suffering soul. May sskelly willingly plunge deeper into the faith, desiring to be ever closer to You, seeking Your constant companionship and wisdom. In Your mercy, rebuke the evil one, keeping him far away so that spiritual growth may not be impeded by the plans of a demon. Grant sskelly the knowledge of Your unfathomable love and desire to have this soul with You forever in Your Kingdom. Send Your Angel to protect and guide during this time of doubt and sorrow. Graciously join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for spiritual healing and growth in sskelly. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

***+JMJTJ+

You will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

There is no power, greater in your life, than the power of the Lord your God! Nothing in our lives happens unless He orders it, or gives permission for it to happen. We are all here temporarily, so sometimes those around us that we love, will be called into eternity or others will get sick. I come from a big family and an old neighborhood, where everyone knows each other, so more than one time we have had a couple of family members go into eternity one after the other, while others are sick. I agree with Po18GUY, your faith is being tested, if you can, do as he tells you. Keep your eyes on the Lord yor God, Who is the only one that has true power over your life. Get a journal and write everyday expressions of thanksgiving, for all the ways the Lord has blessed you in the day. Little by little, you will realise that your blessings are much greater than the difficult trials in your life. Read the psalms and underline the verses that most touch your heart, they will help you realise that trials have always been a part of spiritual growth, and the Lord is always there by our side. He will never abandon you!!!

thank you so much.

I do not normally quote someone elses prayer, but I feel the words were stolen from my mouth, or maybe the Holy Spirit just got to them first!

Quote by Galilea:

There is no power, greater in your life, than the power of the Lord your God! Nothing in our lives happens unless He orders it, or gives permission for it to happen. We are all here temporarily, so sometimes those around us that we love, will be called into eternity or others will get sick. I come from a big family and an old neighborhood, where everyone knows each other, so more than one time we have had a couple of family members go into eternity one after the other, while others are sick. I agree with Po18GUY, your faith is being tested, if you can, do as he tells you. Keep your eyes on the Lord yor God, Who is the only one that has true power over your life. Get a journal and write everyday expressions of thanksgiving, for all the ways the Lord has blessed you in the day. Little by little, you will realise that your blessings are much greater than the difficult trials in your life. Read the psalms and underline the verses that most touch your heart, they will help you realise that trials have always been a part of spiritual growth, and the Lord is always there by our side. He will never abandon you!!!

Heavenly Father,
Often we do not understand why You allow suffering and loss in this world. Help us, especially sskelly, to remember that Jesus’ suffering was not in vain and neither was His disciples’ losing Him in vain.

Grace us with the trust to look past these times as devastating and to see them as providential so we may see suffering as meritorious.

Through the Love of Your Holy Spirit help us to persevere in faith, hope and love and to remember that the eternal reward awaiting us and our families should be where we draw our strength in times like these. Though, help us to persevere as if this reward were not real and that following You be enough for us!

Amen, Amen!
+

Don’t lose hope! Sometimes all you can do is hold on to the rope. Hold on!

Praying!
:gopray2:

Prayers promised for you!

PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness
and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayers promised.

Let me quote to you messages from the Virgin Mary and the Lord Jesus about those stricken by the devil.
(BVM, June 1984)
"How can you cut off this link which causes so much suffering? By opposing evil with good; that is to the total good, opposing the evil spell with a good one. One, therefore, must always and during the whole day do the Holy Will of God in the fulfillment of His Law of love which are the Ten Commandments according to one’s state of life, to one’s own health, social situation and also to the evangelical counsels.
Behold then, that plunging oneself totally in the holy will of God and renouncing to one’s own will, one manages to totally cut out this maleficent thread forever. ONe should begin by forgiving those who have done him evil, as Jesus did by forgiving His crucifiers. We have to imitate Him in everything and therefore also in forgiving."
Jesus(October 1985)
“The infested person is like a house infested by terrible enemies. How, then, can we expel them?
The first thing is to show with words and deeds that we do not adhere to them, and even in the smallest things, ideas, behavior. In short, one must have an irreproachable attitude which never surrenders to flattery, fears, and impositions. And the most important part is done.
The physical aspect is also to be considered because these infestations involve the body which suffers under the infernal action. Uneasiness and indispositions can be kept away by fervent prayer, by receiving the Holy Sacraments and by the use of all, I repeat, of all those spiritual signs which are the sacramentals: the sign of the cross, holy water, holy oil, the sound of the bells, the reading of the Gospel and many others.
The first thing however is to empty the soul of sin and to resolve not to fall back into daily faults.”

I agree I think it might be a test from the Lord as well. I think it would be good in situations like this to pray the divine mercy chaplet as well as asking St. Michael pray for you that way you can counter all of this negative stuff with something positive.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and helpful instructions, which I truly appreciate and will follow. Will pray for you also.
lol, sskelly

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.