Help!!

I need prayers. I have not been on in a while. I am losing faith. I get my faith up, and then I lose it. I want to go to Church. I have a problem with the Father of my Church. I cant understand him when he talks. It is a small town, so I dont have very many choices when it comes to going to a different church. I used to go into the Church and listen and get “moved” by the Holy Spirit. Now, I just go and try to focus to no avail. The more I miss Church, the more away from Jesus I move. I used to listen to my CD’s that pray the rosary. Now I dont even do that. I just feel like a failure.

You would just think that it was so easy. All I would have to do is pick up the CD player and listen to it. Walk the one block on Sunday to go to church. The motivation is gone. I feel so lost at times. It is heart breaking because I love my Father in Heaven so much. I read this over and over again and I feel like all I am doing is making excuses for myself. Please pray for me?

Thank you,
Gayle

Praying for you Gayle!

Kathy

You are in my prayer.

Do you have any friends that go to your church? Perhaps making a date to meet up with them there might get you moving in the right direction.

For myself when tempted to slack off in my prayer life I think of the beautiful passage in Revelation:

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me” (Rev 3:20).

I just picture poor Jesus standing and knocking at the door of my heart, just hoping against hope that I’ll open the door even a tiny crack to let Him in - that’s what our prayer does for Him. Even give Him a tiny crack to get in by and He’ll surely do the rest…

betra,

I feel for you! Perhaps you are going through the Dark Night of the Soul which Mother Teresa went through and many mystics - even people of great faith today - myself included. Sometimes you just have to hang on with everything you’ve got. Fr. Corapi once said even if you can utter “Jesus”, it is still a prayer. Our Lord knows your heart. Don’t give up. Just know that He lives in you and know that He loves you. My prayers will be with you daily.

Blessings,

Praying for you Gayle. Jesus does indeed want you to be with him at Mass and in prayer…Will pray that you again feel his gentle pull…

I read your profile as you prayed for my daughter Michelle who last year at 17 years old became paralyzed in a wheel chair. I can’t even tell you as a mother the heavy heart I carry day to day.

When I read your profile, I thought, wow, here’s a lady that loves her life and has all these “healthy” kids around. How blessed is that? That right there should be enough motivation for you to go and get on your knees and thank our Lord for the many blessings you have.

My daughter is cathed, doesn’t have the use of her bowels, can’t move below her chest, has had to undergo radiation treatments, lost all her hair, has pressure sores, her legs and feet swell up, she’s on shots and meds, too many to name, and contracted MRSA while in the hospital 6+ months. She faces a long life of medical struggles and confined to a chair. But, every Sunday, she’s in church and she volunteers to help teach religion to preschoolers. She even drives herself there. She’s been very fortunate to get a customized vehicle that she can drive with hand controls right from her chair. It’s a struggle for her to get out of bed, dress herself, transfer into her wheel chair, hygiene, etc., but she manages to get to church every Sunday!

Now what was your excuse??

Dear Lord I ask that you lead your child that you have blessed with so many healthy children back to your church and back to you so that she may glorify you for all the blessings you have given her and her family. We know that all good things, all good fortune comes from you. Amen!

DW is in your exact circumstance. She cannot understand our priest, either. The knowledge that his hands alone can confect the Eucharist overshadows all objections we have. The only reason to go is Christ. Pray for your priest, as he needs it.

Merciful Lord, gracously lead betra2000 back to the fulness of faith. Send Your Holy Spirit to help in overcoming the attacks of the evil one. Grant that betra2000 fall ever deeper in love with You, Lord Jesus. We ask this through Your Heavenly, Holy and Eternal name. Amen! Alleluia!

Praying for you Gayle.

well I’m sorry for the struggles your daughter faces I spent my entire life in a wheelchair as well I can do very little for myself physically at least your daughter can drive that’s an opportunity I will never have. For my entire life I have battled both cerebral palsy and severe scoliosis. But in my 29 years I have also got my bachelors degree and now I’m working on my masters for those of us dealing with disabilities life is what you make of it. But I don’t think in this situation it is a good thing to use a disability to make someone feel bad because they are having a crisis of faith by pointing out that they are not disabled and therefore should be ashamed because they don’t go to church is just not the right approach here. I mean I understand you’re trying to inspire her but Your words come across as extremely harsh towards her and I hope that’s the kind of message you’re not trying to convey.

My suggestion to you in this situation is to watch EWTN as much as possible. Especially daily Mass it’s not the same as physically going to church but at least it will get you going to Mass again and then just see what happens from there for instance if you go to church and cannot understand the priest that’s okay because you can come home and watch it on EWTN and still get the benefit of hearing and understanding the readings and the homily but because you went to church you will have the added benefit of having received the Eucharist. If you want the mass completely in English all you have to do is look up St. Ann’s basilica on Google they broadcast daily Mass and Sunday Mass over the Internet and it is available at any time so you can access it whenever you like. I hope this will help you and put your mind more at ease.

Hello Gayle,

I’m praying that God sends you some guardian angels to help you get motivated to go back to church. I am thinking of Jesus in His agony in the garden. How easy it could have been for Him to take the easy road. Tired, mocked and beaten he took up His cross. I understand that mass right now is hard for you because of the language barrier but I am hoping that you go, even if it is just to say thank you.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours, on this Feast Day of the Guardian Angels:

Prayers and Intercessions

Beloved brethren, a host of angels stands before the Lord and praises him with one voice. Let us proclaim his name with rejoicing:

• All his angels, bless the Lord.

O God, you commanded your angels to keep us safe in all our ways:
lead us in your footsteps today and keep us free from sin.
Father, the angels in heaven see your face always:
may we unceasingly strive to share that sight with them.
O God, your children will be like the angels in heaven:
keep us pure in heart and body.
O God, send Michael the great prince to the aid of your people,
to defend us in battle against Satan and his angels.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

O God, in your infinite providence you deign to send your holy angels to be our guardians. Grant to us who pray to you
that we may be defended by them in this life
and rejoice with them in the next.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Amen! Alleluia!

Aydan,
What insight you have! I agree that the other OP’s approach was probably not very beneficial to the original OP. I do feel for your circumstance. You are a brave soul. I will also keep you in prayer as well as Betra. Thank you for your discernment on this topic!

Many, many blessings to you!

Thank you mom4truth for your kind words and I appreciate the prayers as well. I have been extremely blessed with wonderful friends. The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to work with student veterans and active duty personnel for the last six years and now he is giving me the opportunity to learn Turkish. I’m hoping to become multilingual learning Turkish and Spanish so that I can work to help refugees and immigrants where I live. My disability is a huge part of my cross to be sure but I don’t see it as a negative thing at all. In fact if I was given the chance to get rid of my disability and the normal but the price of it was that I had to give up my friends and my talent for foreign languages I would turn it down immediately. I want to be able to abdicate for those who have less than I do.
Going back to the gentleman who spoke about his daughter’s disability I think what he was really trying to say is this we all have to take a step back and realize how fortunate we are and yes that includes people with disabilities as well. I’m fortunate to have all the opportunities I have received and all the talents I have despite my disability. So I don’t want that message to be lost because of his method of delivery. I don’t have children but I do have two younger brothers and I know sometimes the messages I convey to them do not always come out the way I wanted even though I had the best of intentions. I’m sure that is the case for parents sometimes as well.
May I ask you to pray for my friends some of whom are in Iraq and Afghanistan right now and more who have already served in those places and now some are facing various injuries because of their service. Sadly some of those buddies never made it back because they paid the ultimate price Our troops really need as many prayers and words of encouragement as possible as they serve around the globe protecting our country. They deserve credit not me because every day I look to their example and they give me the inspirations to do the things I have done and continue to do. I thank God for allowing me to have some of these extraordinary people in my life and I am truly blessed by their friendships.

praying for you

LORD Jesus
Help UR Child.

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you!

Jesus help us to understand and to accept, and to persevere when spiritual life and ‘progress’ is no longer about consolations and feeling touched by the Spirit, but about faithfulness to You and the gospel regardless of whether we feel and experience inspiration or joy, or whether we feel nothing.
It is difficult for us. Please help us to mature increasingly in our spiritual lives.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.