HELP

How do you tell your Spiritual Director that you need to go to someone else WITHOUT hurting him. It’s just not working out with mine. He by NO fault of his own is not helping me in the ways I need to be helped!

If he is really a good spiritual director he only wants what is best for you and for you to go where the Spirit leads you. If you are honest with him, he should be fine with you seeking someone else and may even suggest other directors. He might feel a bit bad to lose you, but you can still keep in touch casually.

Ditto…while not spiritiual direction, I did have a meeting with one of the priests in my parish to discuss several questions I had about the faith. It became apparent that he is liberal while I am more conservative and traditional. He without hesitation recommended another priest to speak with.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.