Help?

I am away at school and I recently received a phonecall from my older brother that was very disturbing. He told me that he just went through the search hisotry on the computer (he deletes it everyday) at home right after my dad used it and he found Craiglist searches for men seaking men, a spa in the next town, and facebook messages.
He said that he saw him trying to make a facebook last year, and he is part of the gym in that town and often goes there at night. My dad does seem.. not manly?.. at times. My brother is going to try to watch him more closely, just to see if he is acting differently.

Sometimes I feel like my parent's relationship sometimes isn't the best, but then at other times it is very strong. However, what if my dad is gay, and has relations with other people? I don't want my family to be torn apart, and worst of all, what is going to happen to my mom? She would be heartbroken.

I guess my question is, is there a certain prayer or saint that I can pray to, to help through this?

It may even be nothing..

This sounds truly horrid.

Cheating on a spouse is a very, very serious charge. You have to have proof beyond a reasonable doubt. History on the internet isn’t enough. You simply cannot make the accusation without solid proof. If someone accused me, a single man-of something this heinous, I’d say unprintable things. It’s a very, very serious charge.

I don’t endorse going through the search history of someone else-sometimes what is not known should be kept that way. However, you can’t erase what your brother saw.

If your brother is telling the truth, (and I’m not implying he wasn’t) he should get solid, conclusive proof- then he should confront your father in a private way, far away from mom.

If he is leading a double life, that puts your moms life and health in danger. If he is, that would put the whole family in serious jeopardy.

By the way, I’m not “manly” either, and I’m straight as an arrow. You can’t tell by how someone acts.

Praying…

Your brother should be do the manly thing, admit to his father - face to face - that he looked in the history and what he saw.

As Rascal said, if you father is cheating, your mom needs to know to protect her health.

ETA - the best thing is for your brother to talk to your priest.

St.Mungo(or saint Kentigern) is the patron saint of those accused of infidelity.

The Prayer of Saint Kentigern
O Lord Jesus Christ, who didst give such grace to Thy servant St Kentigern, that he readily obeyed Thy Call, and brought light to them that sat in darkness, and the knowledge of truth to those who were in ignorance and fear; so inspire us also that we may follow Thee gladly, and hating all that is cruel and evil and wrong, may ever strive to banish these things from our land.
Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen

The Saint Kentigern motto..... Fides servanda est
(The faith must be kept)

Prayer for the Family
O God of goodness and mercy, to Thy fatherly guidance we commend our family, our household and all our belongings. We commit all to Thy love and keeping; do Thou fill this house with Thy blessings even as Thou didst fill the holy House of Nazareth with Thy presence.

Keep far from us, above all else, the blemish of sin, and do Thou alone reign in our midst by Thy law, by Thy most holy love and by the exercise of every Christian virtue. Let each one of us obey Thee, love Thee and set himself to follow in his own life Thine example, that of Mary, Thy Mother and our Mother most loving, and that of Thy blameless guardian, Saint Joseph.

Protect us and our house from all evils and misfortunes, but grant that we may be ever resigned to Thy divine will even in the sorrows which it shall please Thee to send us. Finally give unto all of us the grace to live in perfect harmony and in the fullness of love toward our neighbor. Grant that every one of us may deserve by a holy life the comfort of Thy holy Sacraments at the hour of death. O Jesus, bless us and protect us.

[quote="tbcrawford, post:4, topic:186222"]
St.Mungo(or saint Kentigern) is the patron saint of those accused of infidelity.

The Prayer of Saint Kentigern
O Lord Jesus Christ, who didst give such grace to Thy servant St Kentigern, that he readily obeyed Thy Call, and brought light to them that sat in darkness, and the knowledge of truth to those who were in ignorance and fear; so inspire us also that we may follow Thee gladly, and hating all that is cruel and evil and wrong, may ever strive to banish these things from our land.
Through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen

The Saint Kentigern motto..... Fides servanda est
(The faith must be kept)

Prayer for the Family
O God of goodness and mercy, to Thy fatherly guidance we commend our family, our household and all our belongings. We commit all to Thy love and keeping; do Thou fill this house with Thy blessings even as Thou didst fill the holy House of Nazareth with Thy presence.

Keep far from us, above all else, the blemish of sin, and do Thou alone reign in our midst by Thy law, by Thy most holy love and by the exercise of every Christian virtue. Let each one of us obey Thee, love Thee and set himself to follow in his own life Thine example, that of Mary, Thy Mother and our Mother most loving, and that of Thy blameless guardian, Saint Joseph.

Protect us and our house from all evils and misfortunes, but grant that we may be ever resigned to Thy divine will even in the sorrows which it shall please Thee to send us. Finally give unto all of us the grace to live in perfect harmony and in the fullness of love toward our neighbor. Grant that every one of us may deserve by a holy life the comfort of Thy holy Sacraments at the hour of death. O Jesus, bless us and protect us.

[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.