Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I tell Jesus that I love Him but my love is not good enough. I DESIRE to love Him soooooo much!!

How do you know that you love Jesus? It’s more than a feeling, right?

We know we love Jesus if we do what we know is pleasing to him.

There is a wonderful song by a man named Don Francisco that is called “Love is Not a Feeling, It’s and Act of Your Will”. This is so true. It is not just how we feel about someone, but also how we show our love for them. Sometimes we will be “feeling” our love, sometimes “doing” our love and sometimes both.

Karen Anne

Jesus said, “If you love me, obey my commands”, John 14:15.

David

[quote=DavidB]Jesus said, “If you love me, obey my commands”, John 14:15.

David
[/quote]

In other words, do you love Jesus enough to alter your entire life. Are you willing to be dead to self so that Jesus can live through you? Are you willing to lay aside all of your goals, ambitions, dreams and plans and ask Jesus to do His will in your life no matter what?

That’s the kind of love we are called to.

David

[quote=DavidB]In other words, do you love Jesus enough to alter your entire life. Are you willing to be dead to self so that Jesus can live through you? Are you willing to lay aside all of your goals, ambitions, dreams and plans and ask Jesus to do His will in your life no matter what?

That’s the kind of love we are called to.

David
[/quote]

Yes, I do wish to love Him MORE THAN ANYTHING!!! I wish I could die to myself…need His help though on that!

[quote=Paris Blues]Yes, I do wish to love Him MORE THAN ANYTHING!!! I wish I could die to myself…need His help though on that!
[/quote]

We ALL do. It’s a lifelong process. We start by offering each day up to God and asking Him to life through us surrendering our will and dying to the desires of our flesh so we can please Him.

David

Padre Pio ised to pray and ask Jesus to show him how to love Him even more than he already did.

Shannin

Sounds to me like you are describing the greatest commandment given by our Lord. Here is a good Scripture passage: Mark 12:29-34

One of the scribes, when he came forward and heard them disputing and saw how well he had answered them, asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?”

29 Jesus replied, “The first is this: ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! 30 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, ‘He is One and there is no other than he.’ 33 And ‘to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 And when Jesus saw that (he) answered with understanding, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to ask him any more questions.

[quote=Paris Blues]Yes, I do wish to love Him MORE THAN ANYTHING!!! I wish I could die to myself…need His help though on that!
[/quote]

Hi Paris,all things are possible. With the help of the Holy Spirit you can die to your flesh dayly. Keep seeking the Lords face and you will not be disappointed. :thumbsup: God Bless

I think that it is wonderful that you want to love God more. It is God himself that gives you this desire. I agree with the posters that loving Jesus means following his commandments. How is your prayer life? I have found that having even a few minutes to myself to read my bible and pray-especially the rosary- helps me tremendously. Even though, I know that it makes me feel wonderful afterwards, I often put off my prayers until the next day or the next. This is one aspect of my life that I have to work at much harder.

[quote=Paris Blues]You know, I tell Jesus that I love Him but my love is not good enough. I DESIRE to love Him soooooo much!!

How do you know that you love Jesus? It’s more than a feeling, right?
[/quote]

Hey My dear friend Paris!

I have a message for you from Our Lord Himself concerning this. :slight_smile:

Matthew 5:6***
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.

So now you know that your prayers are definitely in line with His will…so you can rest assured that He has already answered them and will satisfy you again and again.
Stay hungry little sister. :slight_smile:
Pax tecum,

…if you want to get up close and personl with Jesus…

some suggestions… work in a soup kitchen, volunteer to rock crying babies in the OB ward of a hospital… visit some nursing homes with a puppy… offer a homeless person some money… give of your self to the poor…

… just a suggestion…

my love for God will never be “enough”. but i do it anyway, because He loves me, and i love Him.

we’re praying for you, paris blues.

[quote=LoneRanger]…if you want to get up close and personl with Jesus…

some suggestions… work in a soup kitchen, volunteer to rock crying babies in the OB ward of a hospital… visit some nursing homes with a puppy… offer a homeless person some money… give of your self to the poor…

… just a suggestion…
[/quote]

:amen:

John 14:15-21, today’s gospel, 6th sunday of Easter
if you love me you will keep my commandments

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.