help

I am thankful for being able to see a psychologist on the 6th of this month,

in the mean time i could use some prayers,

my back is up against a wall, i am grabbing at anything and everything for help, and purpose, i cant confide in my parents any more about my problems and worries because they just break down in tears and in turn it breaks me.

i dont expect any real help from a psychologist, the most i hope for is at least a new perspective on how to fix the problems i have, and at the very least to have someone else to turn to about my constant struggle rather than family.

I try to put on a front with my parents that everything is fine, but eventually the chip away at me and things spill out....

all i know is cant do anything in life until i get myself fixed, then once i do , i have to get back into discernment, which i am not really stopping but more pursuing on an informal level,,, figure that out, move on with that or figure out how to find a spouse and eventually start a business of my own some how,, which would require a spouse that would want to be apart of it because there will never be a time when i have the funds to start something myself.

working for someone else for the rest of my life is the only thing i am positive i never want to do.

i am filled with turmoil, fear, anxiety,convoluted thoughts, my hope is vauge, and my faith in God is at least constant.

all i end up doing is fighting with everything i got to keep my head above water, and it gets really exhausting spinning my wheels.

I have to ask for others to pray for me because I never pray for myself, odd though I see how my prayers for others are answered... I just don't know how to pray for myself and not come off as self centered.

a life of peace for me seems so far away, I think the moments of peace i do have are in adoration, probably more so than at mass.

shrugs

unemployment isn't helping either, and i can hold a job for a year or so before managment starts chipping away at me, and then i am forced to quit because the only option left is to return their oppression and hate back at them.

so my options in this town are limited, and if ever the opprotunity to break free, and be my own free person, presents it self, i can only hope i will be ready to take it.

today was a horrible day,

it sounds like it wants to rain, i hope it does.

Lord God, I lift up to you john78. Please ease his suffering and his sorrows. I pray Lord God, for a solution to his worries and problems. Please guide him, protect him, and guard him in his day to day life. I ask humbly Lord God, that You touch his heart, soul, and mind so that he will know and understand Your divine plan for his life. Let him know that praying for oneself is not arrogance but humility in asking for a higher power to provide for his needs and letting Your will be done in his life. All these I ask in Jesus' mighty name, through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Amen.

I will pray for you;

however, you should learn to ask God for help. The bible is full of people, including His own Beloved Son asking for God's help and mercy.

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will." (Matthew 26:39)

Perhaps you should also go talk to a priest, you may find some answers in doing so.

It is not selfish to pray for yourself.

God Bless you!

Lord, we come to You for help.
Life is full of trials and turmoil,
Sometimes it gets the best of even the strongest of Your people.
You, Lord, are the One we turn to.
We are in need of Your guidance through this time.

Lord, show us the way to obtain strength to combat the trials of life.
We know Your love is infinite.
Because of Your infinite love, peace can be obtained.
With strength and peace we can face turmoil.

With all that life has to offer.
Allow us to see Your Will in all that we do.
Help us with Your peace to help others.
Help us to see the good in everything around.
Help us to find and keep the peace that can be obtained from Your love
With Jesus, we know we will gain strength.
His life had trials and turmoil.
Help us to learn from His sufferings.

Thank You for sending Jesus to show us that unconditional love is possible.
With Jesus as our guide, our greatest goals can be achieved.
Amen.

God, teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow,
Teach me how to wait on You when my way I do not know.

Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right
So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight.

Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer You are trying to impart.

Teach me to let go, dear God, and pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace and I learn to know Your Will.
Amen.

It's not self-centered to pray for your needs, John.

“If any one of you is in trouble, he should pray; if anyone is feeling happy, he should sing a psalm.” [James 5:13]

“There is no need to worry; but if there is anything you need, pray for it, asking God for it with prayer and thanksgiving...(Philippians 4:6)

St [Padre] Pio who suffered greatly in his life wrote:

“It is not a loss of patience if one asks Jesus to take away pain, when this becomes insupportable to us and beyond our strength, nor does one lose the merit of the suffering which is offered, by asking this of God.”

“Pray that God will console you when you feel the burden of the Cross, for in doing so you are not acting against the will of God, but you are placing yourself beside the Son of God who asked His Father during the Agony in the Garden to send Him some relief. But if He is not willing to give it, be ready to pronounce the same ‘fiat’ that Jesus did.” “When least you are expecting to be liberated, Jesus, who cannot bear to keep you long in affliction, will come and relieve and comfort you, giving you new courage.”

“He is the Father of all; He is so in a very special manner for the unhappy.”

Our heavenly Father we ask Your guidance, strength, courage, and peace for John.
St Pio please intercede for this young brother in Christ.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Anima Christi, sanctífica me;
Corpus Christi, salva me;
Sanguis Christi, inebria me;
Aqua de latere Christi, lava me;
Passio Christi, conforta me;
O bonum Iesus audire me;
Intra tua vulnera, absconde me;
Ne permittas me separari a te;
Ex malo servo mihi,
In hora mortis meae voca me,
Et iube me ad tu
Quod cum tua sanctorum
Ut laudare tu aeternum.
Amen.

:gopray2:

Lord Jesus,

Grant John your peace. Give him Your grace.
Take away the fear and anxiety and fill him with confidence in You.
Be to him Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals.
Help him let go of holding onto his own life and instead learn to trust in You.

Amen

"He that loveth his life loseth it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." John 12:25

Remembering you in my daily prayers, John. God bless.

John:

Start your own business - it sounds like that is what you want to do. Why don’t you do that?

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation

Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.