Help? :(

I am very into my faith. But I am so afraid of it. I want to trust God but I am afraid if I give him my all He is going to make me become a nun. (If not make me, make me feel guilty for not). Why am I so anxious? :confused:

God won’t ever make you do anything. He loves you and wants what’s best for you. Put this situation in his hands and ask him to form your will to his. Don’t fear! It’ll be okay!

If He’s calling you to be a Nun, it would be your greatest source of happiness! God never calls to anxiety. Discern it - He will show you what he created you for: that is your vocation in life!

I used to have that fear until I realized that God never calls us to be at a place where we will be miserable and hate what we are doing. There will always be struggles because that is what strengthens, teaches and equips us for the plans God has for our lives. People’s callings to certain places can be permanent and temporary as well. I know someone who was a sister for many years until she left the order and is now involved in her diocese in a different way. She is also dating someone really nice. She is actually in her early thirties. What she learned as a nun, she is using to help and inspire others. I also knew another wonderful person who was a nun for twenty years until she fell in love, left the order, married and later moved to Canada. Until her death, she was a spiritual mother to all of her students. (She was a teacher and never had any children of her own unless you count the thousands she taught in university.) Letting go is difficult but if we trust God, the adventure is wonderful. I have tried to trust God with my life. It isn’t easy but God is always there.

Here is a prayer that is very helpful when we want to surrender our will to God.

Dear God I know I’m a sinner, I know I am not where I want to be, and I want your forgiveness! I believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay the price for my sins.

Please wash me clean from all sin, shame, and guilt, come into my life Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. Please God guide me as I follow your will. Let your will be mine. I give you my life forever. I ask this in your name Jesus.

Amen!

I include a few links of songs to help you. They are songs I listen to regularly as I try to follow God’s direction for my life.
youtube.com/watch?v=TwBK4ZkcqxY

youtube.com/watch?v=saYYm1CkX3M

youtube.com/watch?v=37PCbh9KppA

youtube.com/watch?v=-t46xJpQnv8

I hope this helps.

SG

Thanks everyone! This does help:) And I love the songs!!
God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.