help

So I just spent an hour and a half on a thread that did not post and am using my phone so I lost everything. Bottom line… i m a drug addict alcoholic who needs prayers or guidance … anything. I started shooting meth at 14 and went to prison at 23 until i was 28. I have been home five years. I have gotten my bachelors degree, got married and bought a home. After two years of trying to conceive i kinda lost it. I started drinking and for the last year have been using g meth weekly. I do not know how to stop. Please send prayers or suggestions. Thank you for taking the time for m.e

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Virgin Mary . . .
St. Michael . . .
St. Jude . . .
St. Maximilian . . .
Please intercede.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

:signofcross:

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless.

Check out a 12-step program. God Bless.

What I have found… If you have a problem with something , replace it with something else…
Like jogging , something which is physical and time consuming , which occupies your mind ,
And time, well it worked for me…

I have prayed for you, my friend, and will continue to do so.

I’ve never done meth, but after my husband died (at the age of 49), I began to drink a LOT. It controlled me and my life. From the moment I woke up until I finally passed out, I drank straight Scotch. Every time I poured more into my glass, there went some of my pain. I drank until I was numb, and I didn’t care. It kept me from feeling anything. I didn’t want to feel anything, because if I did, I would be curled up in a ball crying.

I had no one to comfort me. I was alone and desperate. No one wanted to be around me, not because I was a mean or hateful drunk, it was just because I was drunk all of the time. I lost jobs because I was drunk at work. I lost friends because I wasn’t my old happy go lucky self. My family committed me because I tried to commit suicide…twice.

Before David died, I was so happy all of the time. I loved to make people laugh and I loved to laugh. I loved to cook, go dancing, go to the beach, go camping and hiking, and have family and friends over for a fun evening. After he died, I didn’t have any desire to do anything. All I wanted to do was sit and drink and be numb.

Then one day, out of the blue, I decided this is it: I’m not going to drink today. I prayed and prayed and prayed. I made myself NOT go to the liquor store. I made myself start cleaning up the house. I *made *myself take a long hot bath. I made myself go put makeup on and go out to dinner–by myself. Later that night, I got the shakes really bad. I started throwing up (there went dinner). I was too sick to do anything. That lasted for about 3 days. Oh, I wanted so badly to go to the store for another drink so I wouldn’t have to go through the DTs. But I made myself stop in my tracks. It wasn’t easy. It was hard!!!

The only thing I can tell you is that YOU are the only person who can change things in your life. No one else is responsible for what you do. No one else is to blame for your actions.

However, God CAN change things if you will let Him. All you have to do is ask Him. He will forgive you for ALL of your sins. In an instant, your soul will be wiped clean as new. Nothing you have ever done will be held against you in His court of law. How gracious is that? No record! Wiped clean! You can begin again with your new self. And the best part is that you can and will be happy again. You can and will look in the mirror and say, “Hey, I know you and I kind of like you again!”

Are you ready for this new day? If yes, then go right now and throw out the meth, pour out the bottle. You can do it! I promise you it is worth every second of discomfort you may feel. It is sooo worth it for your loved ones and your friends who care so much for your wellbeing. If no, then you can email me any time. I will always be here for you. I will never judge you or condemn you. We will walk that path together.

I DO love and care about you. You are just as important to me as my own sons or any other member of my family. I am your sister in Christ, and you will be in my prayers.

So.....

Do not ever dispair or be discouraged, for God is with you. Look to your right, look to your left, and all around you. God is enveloping you in His comfort.

May you find peace, joy and love from all of those near and dear to you.

May God bless you and keep you in His comforting arms today and until eternity.

May your burdens be lifted from your shoulders and put into God’s hands.

May your prayers be answered swiftly and concretely.

No matter what happens in your life, dear friend, God will always protect you just as He does the smallest sparrow and the tiniest ant. You are His child. If He provides for the smallest sparrow, just think what He will do for you!

Our Father who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil,
For Thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory
Forever and ever…

AMEN

Memorare to Mary

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
We fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer them.

Amen.

From Ephesians 6:12:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen…

:signofcross: Heavenly Father, we pray for cj1981, through the power of the Holy Spirit, we bind Satan from interfering in her life; send St. Michael to protect her from evil spirits and keep them away from her; give her strength to resist temptation, and alcohol and drug abuse; surround her with your holiness, your overwhelming grace and mercy and give her comfort, joy and peace!!!

Perhaps you could seek help for your problem like rehab. You have my prayers.
Mary.
God bless.

Lord, please grant many graces to cj for fortitude, magnanimity, joy, wisdom, courage, hope, and charity. Accept this servant of yours’ prayers in union with your Passion. Help him at every turn with powerful angels. Protect him from all prowling evils. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Queen of Angels, pray for us.
Saint Raphael, pray for us.
Saint Raphael, filled with the mercy of God, etc.
Saint Raphael, perfect adorer of the Divine Word,
Saint Raphael, terror of demons,
Saint Raphael, exterminator of vices,
Saint Raphael, health of the sick,
Saint Raphael, our refuge in all our trials,
Saint Raphael, guide of travelers,
Saint Raphael, consoler of prisoners,
Saint Raphael, joy of the sorrowful,
Saint Raphael, filled with zeal for the salvation of souls,
Saint Raphael, whose name means God heals,
Saint Raphael, lover of chastity,
Saint Raphael, scourge of demons,
Saint Raphael, in pestilence, famine and war,
Saint Raphael, angel of peace and prosperity,
Saint Raphael, endowed with the grace of healing,
Saint Raphael, sure guide in the paths of virtue and sanctification,
Saint Raphael, help of all those who implore your assistance,
Saint Raphael, who was the guide and consolation of Tobias on his journey,
Saint Raphael, whom the Scriptures praise: Raphael, the holy angel of the Lord, was sent to cure,
Saint Raphael, our advocate,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
Pray for us, Saint Raphael, to the Lord Our God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ
Lord, Jesus Christ, by the prayer of the Archangel Raphael, grant us the grace to avoid all sin and to persevere in every good work until we reach our heavenly destination, You Who lives and reigns world without end. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

I’ve had substance abuse problems too. You are in my prayers.

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death

Amen.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell, satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amounst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and
At the hour of death,

Amen

***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***

What a beautiful testimony kmcarl56! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

:gopray2::gopray2::gopray2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for CJ1981!

Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and suggestions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.