Helping Promote Life

After listening to Senator Kerry, his plea to find commonground struck me.

I pray over the next 3 to 4 years we faithful can help bridge the gap between the culture of Death and Culture of Life. That we can help lead people to an understanding that Life is the building block to all the other issues.

That we do not deem the life of an innocent baby over that of a mother. That we see dignity in all life, innocent, old, physically impaired, addicted and even the guilty. That all people have a right to life and repentance.

That to struggle with suffering and unnatural desires, while not easy, can bring Grace to the common good of all.

Once someone can see the dignity in the lest of our children, of course we will see dignity in all our brothers and sisters. Seeing that dignity will help us pour out genorosity to those in need here at home and abroad.

Life will breed Peace. The true Peace of God’s Will done on earth as it is in Heaven.

Peace

You shuld visit Have you seen abortion in the Political Forum:) Its got a 4 star rating. There is a link to an anti-abortion site that is extremely grafic… Enter with caution! I think you would do well to speak to a person there that is pro-abortion and sounds very bitter

Thank you for your reply, and I have seen the pain that abortion places on the innocent. However, I know that this approach has varied results, even among Pro-Lifers.

I am searching for approaches to invite people into a dialogue, beginning with comon areas of concern, like the recognition of womens dignity, and expand into the beauty of the gift of their sexuality, and the great gift of life.

If anyone has other areas of common concern, or positive experiences of sharing the Truth with pro-abortionist, I would be appreciative of those stories.

Thank you

I have pondered my methods to promote life. Archbishop Sheen started a devotion to spiritually adopt a child that is in danger of being aborted.

[font=Arial]"Jesus, Mary, Joseph,[/font]

[font=Arial]I love you very much.[/font]

[font=Arial]I beg you to spare the life of the[/font]

*[font=Comic Sans MS]preborn child *[/font]

[font=Arial]that I have spiritually adopted[/font]

[font=Arial]who is in danger of abortion."[/font]

[right]-Servant of God Fulton J. Sheen
[/right]
I also have some pro-life bumper stickers. Mothering a proud profession. Smile your mom chose life. Angry? need a weapon? Pray the Rosary.

I intend to start a Rosary group. We will probably meet in my home or we’ll share. I wanted to start a group that would allow mothers with little ones the time pray and not have to get babysitting. I thought we could pray the Prolife Rosary in addition to having extra prayer or discussion.

My biggest way to be prolife is that I adopt special needs kids. The ones I adopt are not perhaps the most complicated, but still they aren’t the “healthy, white infant that looks like us” kind of kids.

Get involved in with parenting classes or working at a crisis pregnancy center. Try to get into a situation that makes you wonder if you are going too far. A couple steps outside your comfort zone will do. Ask the Blessed Mother to help you - she will guide you.

There are plenty of ways each of can do something.

One of the Christmas things my son’s school did was to take baby bottles – they were insitution disposable models, but a great graphic reminder and the kids did good deeds to earn the money to fill them. Then at the Christmas celebration they brought their bottles and maybe a baby gift and laid them before the class’s manger scene.

Coordinating that is very good and helpful. Give the money to a shelter or crisis center.

Go get 'em

[quote=dmm2000]Thank you for your reply, and I have seen the pain that abortion places on the innocent. However, I know that this approach has varied results, even among Pro-Lifers.

I am searching for approaches to invite people into a dialogue, beginning with comon areas of concern, like the recognition of womens dignity, and expand into the beauty of the gift of their sexuality, and the great gift of life.

If anyone has other areas of common concern, or positive experiences of sharing the Truth with pro-abortionist, I would be appreciative of those stories.

Thank you
[/quote]

Familia – a lay apostolate of Regnum Christi has a mother’s life team approach to learning our gift to the world. [/font]www.familiausa.net has the description of the course material and the second year is about the dignity of motherhood and God’s esteem for women. It is awesome. I hope you can find a team and spreaad it out from there.:thumbsup:

OK, to find common ground we could work on reversing the children are a burden attitude that is so prevelant in American society today.

Think of all the nasty jests parents say in public about their children. Vow to never utter such a joke again. Say only the positives.

Eliminate negative responses to:

“oh you have such wonderful kids”

like:
“You like 'em? Take 'em! (yuk, yuk, yuk)”
“Oh yeah? You should see 'em at home! (har, har, har)”

Instead respond with flattery. “Thank you, I’m the luckiest mom/dad in the world” Or “Yes, they are wonderful, thanks”

This exchange will move mountains. For one, your children will overhear it. This is where truly healthy self-esteem comes from. They will behave better.

Even a liberal will have to admit that the children they see outside the womb are good. Once this is understood as an absolute truth, it will extend right to conception.

For you moms, this may be a tough pill to swallow, but you’ve got it good. If you routinely want to throw the children at your husband and run screaming from the house, you’ve got a problem, fix it. (However, if this happens on occasion it’s expected.) Savor the hugs and affection you get from your kids, remember your husband gets a limp handshake at best at work.

For us dads, we have to meditate on whether it is better to have a job that we leap out of bed and rush off to in the morning, or is it better to have a home that we dash out of the parking lot and speed to get there. Ideally we would have both, but given the choice - one is more important than the other. You’re the head of the household - that means you are responsible for all problems in your home. If your wife routinely throws the children at you, and rushes out of the house screaming, you’ve got a problem, fix it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.